Gibson Brands Forums

double cutaway : the new model

lolo_guitar

Ohh, no I like it a lot.. Sometimes less is more :) Having more simple controls means for me that I have less to think about so I can concentrate more on playing [lol]

But more seriously, the only thing I don't like about it is the position of the strap pin which is on the back rather than the top horn (where it should be (I think anyway)...

Ohh, no I like it a lot.. Sometimes less is more :) Having more simple controls means for me that I have less to think about so I can concentrate more on playing [lol]

But more seriously, the only thing I don't like about it is the position of the strap pin which is on the back rather than the top horn (where it should be (I think anyway)...

the should add a vibrato

what i like with the 4 knobs is you can have 2 volume for 2 sounds

one volume down for the rhythm

one volume for the lead parts

Agree with that.

I had my Deuce rewired because I didnt like the 4 knob configuration. I might do it with the Esprit too.

I've had several guitars with floyd-rose & other vibratos and I've disabled all off them. Its also the main reason I dont bother with Gretch.

definitely a beauty,

but I would miss the separate volume controls for the pickups, tone controls are not that critical for me, but the volume controls are key when blending front/back pickup tones in the middle position.

• 2 weeks later...

Nothing to stop you adding a concentric potentiometer to either circuit and expanding the control availability...

The Wine Red and the blue ones are gorgeous; has anyone in the UK seen them on a store site, yet?

LOVE the doublecuts.

I play a 1998 DC Standard and it's my favourite guitar ever.

Me too... I've got a 2001 trans black and gold HW, love it to death. I've got a 2013 Classic I never play probably because its not my DC.

someone told me that i can ask to Gibson to make a custom shop for me

is it really possible ?

because i don't find what i want

and i am not sure the 498t is the best pickup for a floyd rose

Yes, its called Made To Measure

http://www.gibson.com/News-Lifestyle/News/en-us/Gibson-Custom-Made-2-Measure-Comes-to-Europe.aspx

http://www.themusiczoo.com/blog/2014/custom-shop-made-2-measure-your-gibson-your-way/

Sorry couldn't resist...

Luv my 2014 Trans Red DC!

IMG_20160725_190045_zpsyfxupann.jpg

I'm also s big believer in minimalism:

Need vibrator - lean on the top horn and flex the neck.

Knobs? EVH had the right idea - one knob labelled 'Tone'. It was actually a vol knob but he believed that's where you got your tone from!

i want this guitar

it's like a sg

but i need a vibrato, frx or floyd rose

hsh ?

and 4 knobs like the original

+coil tap

piezo

bypass

out of phase

and i think it will be my best guitar

except if i find a PRS floyd rose custom 24 lol

but no

i don't like the prices

i want this guitar

it's like a sg

but i need a vibrato, frx or floyd rose

hsh ?

and 4 knobs like the original

+coil tap

piezo

bypass

out of phase

and i think it will be my best guitar

except if i find a PRS floyd rose custom 24 lol

but no

i don't like the prices

Ha ha ha... you clearly DON'T want this guitar if you proceed to list 8 things wrong with it!

Ha ha ha... you clearly DON'T want this guitar if you proceed to list 8 things wrong with it!

Seriously! Perhaps start off with a guitar that comes standard with most your needs and go from there. Getting Gibson to custom make you a guitar will probably cost what a PRS you mention would go for.

...and get a Floyd Rose with piezo. Don't forget to flip the magnet around in the neck pickup.

Good luck... Bence

... and don't forget to gouge a huge hole in the body and drill holes thru the neck for the Floyd Rose.... should be sooooooo awesome ;)

Archived