Gibson Brands Forums

gibson axcess floyd rose custom : specs

lolo_guitar

I can't believe I'm replying to a troll, but i'll just say that the typical definition of 'weight relief' would be routing or drilling holes or chambers in the body of the Les Paul. For this particular model they use a much thinner body so the guitar is already lighter and additional weight relief is not needed...and probably not possible given the thickness of the guitar.

So Gibson really isn't lying per se.

what is a troll for you?

asking some questions?

so everybody is troll

but a smart person will never talk like you so, sorry

i prefer to talk with smart persons who can talk about music

when they don't know the other person

and not ego, judgement or other bad things of teenagers without any personality

or you can ask some questions :)

but i am sure you will never do that [thumbup]

2 kinds of persons: those who comment a video, a thread with frustration and those who play : ) , who ask and create [flapper] and talk with respect

welcome in the first part :)

bye

I can't believe I'm replying to a troll, but i'll just say that the typical definition of 'weight relief' would be routing or drilling holes or chambers in the body of the Les Paul. For this particular model they use a much thinner body so the guitar is already lighter and additional weight relief is not needed...and probably not possible given the thickness of the guitar.

So Gibson really isn't lying per se.

i can't believe that i answer to a man who is supposed to talk about the Gibson guitars

or you must have made a mistake coming here ?

[confused]

Some specs on the Axcess Custom product page look incorrect to me. The headstock angle is said to be 14° but all the Axcess LPs I encountered including my Alex Lifeson guitar are featuring 17°. It is also important with a locking nut because it makes sure a flush string run across the nut top. This avoids trial and error steps caused by strings going sharp through tightening the locking screws. Moreover, the 498T has an AlNiCo 5 magnet, not a ceramic like the specs claim.

As listed correctly, the neck angle is usually 4° on Floyd Rose Axcess models, and as far as I know the hardtail Axcess of a late bandmate of mine also had 4°. The Axcess Standard LPs were specified to be weight relieved despite of already having less body depth. To my informations the Alex Lifeson Axcess has been the only one without additional weight relief but she has five cavities in total, making her quite light combined with the reduced body depth.

As a result of both body depth and neck angle, original LP cases won't provide a perfect fit for Axcess guitars. The neck is not supported but pressed down by the case lid instead. [mellow]

The Axcess Standard and Alex Lifeson Axcess come with humbucking series/parallel push/pull options, not coil splits. Perhaps they omitted that with the Axcess Custom, whyever. :-k

Archived