Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson Les Paul HP 2016

DiMiT

• 5 months later...

I have a Les Paul Traditional HP 2016 & it's awesome in every way. The neck is different from a regular Les Paul because it's a bit wider, so it feels similar to a Jackson soloist I once played. It's a great neck & the access neck joint is great for playing above the 12th fret. It's exactly what I wanted; the sound of a Les Paul with the playability of shred guitars. The G-Force is also great.

If I compare it to my 2007 LP standard it's much better - everything looks perfect - binding, finish, frets, & the set-up from the factory was great & with low action.

I have a problem with the low E buzzing but it didn't when I got it. I noticed t after changing strings & the zero fret but fell out. It's as if it's loose & it has no screw in the hole in the middle. Have been in contact with Gibson Customer support & I'm waiting for an answer. The point of the zero fret is to be able to adjust the action at the nut & bridge but if it buzzes on every setting except when it's so high the F is slightly sharp then there's no point. Other than that it's the best guitar I have played.

I am getting a traditional HP 2016 too and I would like to hear from people who own or actually played it (I didn't) . I am concerned about the neck and the sound. I am used to playing modern Fender necks so the chunky neck is one concern of mine. Also, the titanium parts will likely brighten the sound, what is your experience of that? I could get a Standard T but turned from it because I was planning to use some quite bright pickups I liked with this new guitar, so I opted for the Traditional HP for a deeper and warmer base tone. I am afraid I may have missed the mark again. Greetings to the forum.

The necks are a bit wider than a standard neck but I really like it for soloing. It does take some getting used to if you never played a wide neck before but it is a quick adjustment. The zero fret is way better than the brass ones on the 2015 model. The strings sit on it without digging in. I personally like the heel on these. Access beyond the 15th fret is fairly attainable. The neck is shorter scale than the fender neck and feels a bit wider but I personally prefer it to either the Gibson standard or Fender necks.

Archived