Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson les paul standard 2016 t

hoross

After thinking and rethinking about getting a 2016 model i took and ordered a les paul standard 2016 t .

I didnt take the High Performance model even if its really a beautiful guitar i prefer the traditional specs on the guitar and classic feel of a real

les paul standard so i hope to have it this weekend or next week im really looking forward to that! :)

Altough i heard some negative things about the finishes is that truth?

After thinking and rethinking about getting a 2016 model i took and ordered a les paul standard 2016 t .

I didnt take the High Performance model even if its really a beautiful guitar i prefer the traditional specs on the guitar and classic feel of a real

les paul standard so i hope to have it this weekend or next week im really looking forward to that! :)

The negative comments are nonsense! They are excellent guitars all round, much like the 2013's that I remember testing out and loving very much. Enjoy it [thumbup]

Sorry to rain on your parade, but as i posted in this forum just minutes ago, if your buying a Les Paul with Modern Weight relief than it's not a TRUE Les Paul, most people may disagree but thats how i feel about it.

A les Paul should be a solid guitar and not have pockets of wood routered out of it just to save on weight.

Hope you enjoy it, but you said you went for the more Traditional model so you sound like someone who actually cares about Tradition, and if thats true, then return the one you ordered and try and track down a 2015 Traditional model, it has NO weight relief what so ever, it's as solid as they used to be.

Sorry to rain on your parade, but as i posted in this forum just minutes ago, if your buying a Les Paul with Modern Weight relief than it's not a TRUE Les Paul, most people may disagree but thats how i feel about it.

A les Paul should be a solid guitar and not have pockets of wood routered out of it just to save on weight.

Hope you enjoy it, but you said you went for the more Traditional model so you sound like someone who actually cares about Tradition, and if thats true, then return the one you ordered and try and track down a 2015 Traditional model, it has NO weight relief what so ever, it's as solid as they used to be.

What about the rest of the guitar???

So 2015 Trads were solid.. What about the stupidly wide neck, zero fret nut and G-Force and so on.. The 2015s are the most UN traditional spec'd models out there????

To me the neck and playability are WAY more important than if its weight relieved or not.... I bet most people couldn't even tell the difference in a blind test.. I say its all in your head.

What about the rest of the guitar???

So 2015 Trads were solid.. What about the stupidly wide neck, zero fret nut and G-Force and so on.. The 2015s are the most UN traditional spec'd models out there????

What isn't there is far more important than what is there duh.

rct

Archived