Gibson Brands Forums

Advice with selling my Gibson SG Robot

Gibson4life

Hi guys, I haven't used this forum in ages (though it was favorite thing in the world years ago!!).

It's so nice to see that things are still running and still look the same though.

I need some advice, and knew if I was gonna get it anywhere, it'd be this forum.

I'm selling a Gibson SG Robot in Metallic Green that's damaged (I'm talking like doesn't make sound through the amp, doesn't automatically tune, ect.) However, it's super beautiful/in mint condition on the exterior.

I bought it for about $1300 a few years back and just put it for sale for $275 on Craigslist and was BOMBARDED with emails from guys wanting to buy it within minutes- which obviously shows that I'm not setting the price high enough.

I don't really want to sell it for WAY less than what it's worth, so in your honest and wise opinions, what do you think this guitar could reasonably sell for? Or is $275 right on the money?

Thank you guys!!

I'm selling a Gibson SG Robot in Metallic Green that's damaged (I'm talking like doesn't make sound through the amp, doesn't automatically tune, ect.) However, it's super beautiful/in mint condition on the exterior.

Hard to tell what a guitar lacking all of her crucial functions could be worth. Perhaps it would be best to find out first what restoring may cost.

It seems like trouble-shooting the problems with the guitar should be pretty easy.

I would go to some other player's house (or to a local music store) and try out a variety of amplifiers and guitar cables.

Wouldn't do to find out that you just had a bad amplifier or a bad guitar cable, and end up selling the guitar for far less than its worth........

As far as the robot tuning thing;

The guitar requires batteries for that, yes?

Have you checked the batteries for freshness and strength?

Sorry to ask such seemingly crazy questions, but every now and then even a blind squirrel gets a nut.

[scared]

This is exactly the sort of instruments that I end up buying most of the time. If I were looking to buy your guitar I would be looking at it as a project neck and body. If the paint is in good shape and there are no cracks and it has a hard case I would say your guitar is worth around six or 700. If I were selling it on craigslist that's where I would start anyway. If what you want is $275 I'll pay you that for it now!

• 1 month later...

Archived