Gibson Brands Forums

SG Bass tuners

mikerenz66

I just purchased a 2015 SG standard in HC.Now I understand about counterfeits floating out there in the guitars but I really gave it a good inspection. The bell cover and truss rod is correct. Wiring is correct I was just curious as to why the tuners are not marked "Grover". Also, I pulled out the neck pup to check for any part numbers. None there on the bottom.

Any help would be appreciated

Hello and welcome to the Gibson fora. [thumbup]

My 2011 WE and 2012 CH SG Standard Basses came with tuners saying "GROVER" engraved to the gear plates on top of the worms. Researching pics of the BASG15 model resulted in showing the brand name the same way.

The neck pickups of both my SG basses say nothing on the bottom. I never removed the bridge pickups up to now.

To clear up the machine head topic, I think it would be best using this form http://www.gibson.com/Gibson/Talk-2-Us.aspx for your inquiry and link a picture of the peghead back to it.

Hope this helps.

Hello and welcome to the Gibson fora. [thumbup]

My 2011 WE and 2012 CH SG Standard Basses came with tuners saying "GROVER" engraved to the gear plates on top of the worms. Researching pics of the BASG15 model resulted in showing the brand name the same way.

The neck pickups of both my SG basses say nothing on the bottom. I never removed the bridge pickups up to now.

To clear up the machine head topic, I think it would be best using this form http://www.gibson.com/Gibson/Talk-2-Us.aspx for your inquiry and link a picture of the peghead back to it.

Hope this helps.

Thanks, to add the bass was made 11/26/2014. The checklist card included a picture of the bass with date written on masking tape on the work bench which I would assume to be the final station before packing at the factory.

• 3 weeks later...

The bridge pickup also says nothing (in contrast to the pickup used in the Epiphone EB-3). I checked the pickup of my EB-11 (Les Paul Junior DC).

Archived