Gibson Brands Forums

Rant and Vent

BluesKing777

Need to vent a bit....

Rang my local guitar shop about one of these - "I would like the humfydunyymodel four, please!" Answer: "Huh?" no good then...

Rang another large guitar shop local - website said they had them in stock - "I would like the humfydunyymodel four, please!" Answer - "Sorry, out of stock". Hmmmmm - "Change your website inventory then, will ya?"

Oh well, ordered the humfydunyymodel four from another online shop interstate, paid online, email confirmations, blah.... Sitting here working away, half expecting a delivery truck but instead, I get a phone call to say they don't have the humfydunyymodel four in stock and it will be 12 weeks, or something like that. First reaction was shock, then mild surprise, then I cancelled the order, except he couldn't cancel the order and I had to go online and cancel it on the website. Send 3 emails with no reply - starting to think that money is gone, baby! (This morning it is in my account!) So.

While perusing some guitars, I saw the humfydunyymodel four model was listed at the first shop above now - rang them - they had it and also the smaller humfydunymodel THREE - Hound and I pile in the car - hit the road - go to shop - bought the FOUR, but they don't really have the Three.... [thumbdn][mellow][thumbup]

Checked the FOUR at home - real good - ordered the possibly only THREE model in existence from an overseas well known online firm and it was on Fedex when I woke this morning..... [thumbup] [thumbup] [thumbup]

BluesKing777.

Not familiar with Humfydunymodel4, 3, 2 or 1. Are those Gibson Acoustics?

Ha! Two guitars! [tongue][mellow] that would be something, eh?

No, electronicals.

Just update your inventory, losers! One of the shops has been wrong since last November!

BluesKing777.

Jeez. Such an ordeal and you got money to burn.. not that way stateside, too many options sometimes, feeling your pain brother.

Yeah, first world problem, money to burn! Though I like to burn it wisely. [mellow] Need to lose the work bonus before...err..you know..snags it!

It is a combination of everything available online from 'somewhere' while the local shops cut their inventory to only the things they sell quickly. So if Mothership Internet goes down, we have....not much. But before the internet shop, did we have a lot of that stuff anyway?

Na, but we also didn't KNOW about it or where we could get it!

But the rant is about keeping your inventory correct, some incapable/don't want to/can't be bothered/do it on purpose?

For a great example, if you buy online from Elderly, you get an email, tracking, and at the same time their inventory changes - if they only had one of what you bought, the online store says it is unavailable now, giving an estimated arrival date of new stock....simple and clever.

BluesKing777.

And...................>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

while I was busy working away...

The little professional troopers from Fedex have arrived with my package at the Memphis Hub....

Usually they fiddle around a bit there, load the package on a jet, take off for Australia in a huge hurry, stop for dinner or lunch at Honolulu, arrive at Australia - which airport depends how many packages they have, I think - unload and .....blamm>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>, it is Friday morning and it will sit in Customs ALL weekend because they don't work weekends and not in the mood on Friday etc. [cursing]

And then it will be a big rush to get it to me by Monday night and it usually comes while I am having a nap in the afternoon, after giving up waiting on them all... [biggrin]

Well, that's what happened last time when I got bridge pins.

BUT, the record was when I bought a Guitar online at Elderly on a Saturday, Monday it was on the jet and Friday morning it they were a knockin' on my door! Thanks very MUCH. And a perfect weekend it was!

BluesKing777.

Did you buy a boss thingy ?

As an old friend would say to my question: "Maybe, Maybe Not".

Let me say that what I did buy, I can't tell you because I know the chappies at the shop I lambasted and they won't let me play all their geetars next time. But what I can tell you is that I bought the second last one available in the whole world as far as I can tell by the internet, and got the one I wanted, while somebody bought the only one left in the world but a different look..... [biggrin]

Guitarist UK mag gave the Boss ME-8 an 8 out of 10 in a new write up....

BluesKing777.

But the rant is about keeping your inventory correct, some incapable/don't want to/can't be bothered/do it on purpose?

yea.. tru-dat...

my wife is constantly running into this when she's looking at the store web sites, with their shop by location stuff, Then we get there, and all the "help" just looks like they have no idea on earth what we're asking for. "But... it's on your stores web site, this location, as in stock....!" --

shrugs shoulders, denies knowing a single thing about it...

Off we go to order online, from some place else...

The Hound can get into your bank account? Dang!

Well, the truth be the Hound is happy with a dog biscuit......

What get's his goat is not being allowed on any beach he likes - like a wait in the car while someone takes photos of the beach:

sorrento4_zpsutfypb9w.jpg

He would prefer this:

MayBeach3_zpsesx00n2l.jpg

BUT, he is up for a giggle:

LionDog4_zps0ce2a006.jpg

And we will squeeze a Gibson or two in :

TwoGibsons6_zpsb0eb5fb3.jpg

BluesKing777.

It's a small world. I load the Hono/Sydney 747 every night. I don't work for FedEx, one of their competitors.

Usually the planes are unloaded of volume that will stay in Hawaii, then loaded. This process can take as little as 2 hours or as much as 6-7 hours.

I live and work in Louisville, ky.

It's a small world. I load the Hono/Sydney 747 every night. I don't work for FedEx, one of their competitors.

Usually the planes are unloaded of volume that will stay in Hawaii, then loaded. This process can take as little as 2 hours or as much as 6-7 hours.

I live and work in Louisville, ky.

And Fedex tracking says my plane has been in Honolulu for 5 hours....

I suppose they have all gone for a surf! [rolleyes] [rolleyes] [rolleyes]

Hope they are not visiting Wilson off the coast somewhere.

BluesKing777.

Well, it had to happen after I gave Feddies the nice rap....

I think after having the surf in Honolulu, they may have had a Hawaiin drink or 10 and lost all interest in getting my package to me. The tracking said it landed Thursday, but my Flight tracki ng said they landed in the afternoon. And after that not much happened and no intention of getting anything to me on Friday....as promised.

AND THEN...

The tracking said 'on truck for delivery' on Monday morning, but not until 10.30 am, not an early start like the 8.00am last time.

And the Hound and I waited by the door, and waited and waited, and waited some more! At 5.30 pm, the tracking said they had returned to base, and that I wasn't home! Well, I can guarantee that I worked near the front door in my office ALL Day and kept an ear out ALL day!

Then Tuesday at 10.00 it was still at the depot, so I rang them and fumed a bit and the package was loaded back on a truck that took the scenic route on purpose, stopped for fish and chips and a walk out the pier, little nap and got it here just on the bell!

Speechless, I IS, I am, holding the secret package - pledging to never do that again. If the shop don't have it there and then when I am there, we will go without and go somewhere else. Elevated stress level for nothing really!

Perusing secret package and considering not accepting it and getting money back - express delivery was the only option and it costs a fortune to this country and the service was just not good enough.

BluesKing777.

Same the world over BK

Sometimes stuff arrives no hiccups other times same story as yours

Least you should do is let the shop know that their customers are getting let down by probably an overworked delivery driver

A chat with a courier will make you grateful of your job.

Same the world over BK

Sometimes stuff arrives no hiccups other times same story as yours

Least you should do is let the shop know that their customers are getting let down by probably an overworked delivery driver

A chat with a courier will make you grateful of your job.

Yeah, I prefer hands on....except my music room would be classic minimalist, like it was before internet ordering!

I was going to talk to the driver to see what happened, but he was a burly guy and when he spoke, he had a really squeaky little voice. I was shocked a bit.....

BluesKing777.

Yeah, first world problem, money to burn! Though I like to burn it wisely. [mellow] Need to lose the work bonus before...err..you know..snags it!

It is a combination of everything available online from 'somewhere' while the local shops cut their inventory to only the things they sell quickly. So if Mothership Internet goes down, we have....not much. But before the internet shop, did we have a lot of that stuff anyway?

Na, but we also didn't KNOW about it or where we could get it!

For a great example, if you buy online from Elderly, you get an email, tracking, and at the same time their inventory changes - if they only had one of what you bought, the online store says it is unavailable now, giving an estimated arrival date of new stock....simple and clever.

BluesKing777.

It is well known people are not paying sufficient tax. If they were, then you wouldn't be able to buy guitar gear. [flapper]

Archived