Gibson Brands Forums

GIbson SG Standard 2015 vs Gibson SG 61 Reissue

Milos_revo

HI guys ! i want to buy a new sg ! now i have an standard 2015 firebust with 57' and an standard 2006 ebony with 490/498.. i love my 57 classic !!! love the fingerboard large !!!

NOw with the new model the sg61 reissue is ugual like the 2015 standard, same pickguard, same pickup, same color...

what is the difference ?? ok the g-force tuning (i love it) but in really ... if i want another sg what is a good choise ???

The sg standard 2015 heritage cherry

or

The sg 61 reissue ?

The price is ugual... 1100 € for new 2015 1100€ for used 61

ps. the 61 have the slim fingerboard like the old sg right ??

Thank for all answer

• 3 weeks later...

HI guys ! i want to buy a new sg ! now i have an standard 2015 firebust with 57' and an standard 2006 ebony with 490/498.. i love my 57 classic !!! love the fingerboard large !!!

NOw with the new model the sg61 reissue is ugual like the 2015 standard, same pickguard, same pickup, same color...

what is the difference ?? ok the g-force tuning (i love it) but in really ... if i want another sg what is a good choise ???

The sg standard 2015 heritage cherry

or

The sg 61 reissue ?

The price is ugual... 1100 € for new 2015 1100€ for used 61

ps. the 61 have the slim fingerboard like the old sg right ??

Thank for all answer

I have a 61 tribute pickup in the neck enjoy it a lot little more brightness a little more clarity than a burst bucker 3, But very similar has an alnico 5

I really want to buy one of these new 2016 supreme SG they're just so beautiful. Check it out. AAA maple tops.

Gibson Limited Edition SG Supreme Electric Guitar (with Case), Ocean Blue

Cheers

Archived