Gibson Brands Forums

NGD Stage Deluxe Rosewood

telemaster03

I stopped in at my local guitar store, E.M. Shorts, a few weeks back and fell head over heels for this guitar. I had to have it so after parting with some other pieces and praying no one else would buy it I pulled the trigger today. Later tonight I'll change strings and give it good run through. Huge, booming sound. Amazing. Nice companion to my Woody Guthrie SJ.

They still have another of the same model on their sales floor, they were surprised they hadn't sold yet but said this type of guitar wasn't everybody's cup of tea. These two and one at Wildwood were the only new ones I could find. If you're looking/wishing for/wanting one of these It's still hanging there and they are always great to deal with.

It's been a busy weekend and I just now had a few moments to change strings and polish her up a bit. Up until about two weeks ago I wouldn't have considered a 12 fret Gibson, but man...what a great sounding and playing guitar!

Looking forward to getting to know this one better!

Couple more.

E.M. Shorts is a great shop, I enjoy hanging out there and playing all the guitars. They also had a nice maple J-185 that sounded really good.

Telemaster, is Jon Ray still leading the charge over there? I've had dealings with him in the past, and he always made sure the transaction went great, I've not shopped from them for a while but still have 2 of the guitars and one amp I bought from him. (I live in Mass so it was all MO purchases)

Jon was/is a right guy.

Telemaster, is Jon Ray still leading the charge over there?

Jon is still there but I've always dealt with Lance. I don't think this shop has much turnover and just a few guys work there. It's sort of a "throwback" of a store...great vibe and they are always happy to let you play the guitars all you want.

Archived