Gibson Brands Forums

Devils and Dust cover

MorrisrownSal

Some of it sucks and some of it blows

Nice harp playing sal , especially considering you've only started .

It's tricky isn't it . I have bother getting it sit away from my mouth while leaving it close enough to reach when I need it ... Must be my big odd shaped head

Great song that , you're starting to do songs that I haven't even put in my song book now . But by god , I think you've inspired me to get it learnt now

Always a pleasure to listen sal

Grunt, I use this:

IMG_0593_zpsws6g1zol.jpg

It keeps me positioned close and comfortable. The drawback is that to take it on and off, using the very close angle I use, you need an extra 15-30 seconds in between songs to loosen knobs etc.

That's sexy

What's the make ? I'll have a look see

I end up with it right at my mouth ya see , I've seen the guys kinda shrugging their shoulder to play it , but when they're singing it seems to sit more out of the way of the mouth than I can get it

If it's far enough away to not annoy me then I have my shoulders all shapes to get it to come up far enough.

I'm sure I just need to play it more ... It's sat on a shelf for years now . But hearing that and some of our Australian friend playing I see just how much it can help

Sal, I think the harp really added to that song, a song I am not familiar with. A minor nit would be to see if there is a way to add the first harp break earlier in the song. Nice guitar playing and overall performance, you sing well.

Archived