Gibson Brands Forums

Danny Gatton playing The Simpsons theme song

jaxson50

Totally agree. Here's one of my all time favorite clips of the late DG:

He was playing a TowelyCaster :)

Seriously though. All the time that him and Roy Buchanan lived and played around here, and I never saw either one of them. [crying]

1469542200[/url]' post='1786923']

i never got to see Gatton play live. but I got to see Buchanan play a couple times. 1st time, I was 14. completely blew me away.

He made it look so easy and did it all with only the tone knob on his Tele, the only foot pedals he used with on and off reverb and tremolo.Plus two Fender Virbrolux cranked to 10!

He made it look so easy and did it all with only the tone knob on his Tele, the only foot pedals he used with on and off reverb and tremolo.Plus two Fender Virbrolux cranked to 10!

and what a tone.

Don't forget his Magic Dingus Box. Controlled a Leslie and an Echoplex with it, and he used them as a looper way back then!

In the late 90's I had 4 teles with Bardens in each, because of well, you know.

rct

Don't forget his Magic Dingus Box. Controlled a Leslie and an Echoplex with it, and he used them as a looper way back then!

In the late 90's I had 4 teles with Bardens in each, because of well, you know.

rct

I don't think I've ever played a gig where at some point I haven't tried to channel Buchanan.

Archived