Gibson Brands Forums

New Boss WAZA Craft Amp

Rabs

hmm yea,, not very warm sounding from that demo.

Seems that this is something that a metal guy or shred-aholic type could go for.

It doesn't do a lot for me,

and the cost is just plain ol nutty.........

Yeah.. did you get far enough in to see those, errm I cant remember what they were called. But they kind of looked like Tubes, and apparently they have different sound settings... They were using the Steve Vai one (at 7:03 in)....

Maybe if they had been using the Peter Green or Jimmy Page one it would have sounded better :)

That was the most unwatchable/unlistenable Chappers'n'Cap'n clip I've ever seen/heard.

I hated the noise (there's no other word for it) made by the set-up right from the start. Horrible. Really Horrible.

With that amount of distortion how is anyone meant to hear what the amp itself sounds like?

Yeah.. did you get far enough in to see those, errm I cant remember what they were called. But they kind of looked like Tubes...

Maybe if they had been using the Peter Green or Jimmy Page one it would have sounded better :)

No. I skipped through at roughly 3 min. intervals to see if things improved but if things DID get better at some point I missed it.

I watched the last six minutes or so to hear the 'conclusion' and it seemed that even Chappers was struggling to find something positive to say about the amp.

Over £2,000 for the head? On that showing I wouldn't keep it if I found it in a lucky-bag.

Pip.

To be fair, the review was poor because the demo was poor. Rob can be indulgent with his appetite for 'more gain!'.

They did say it was a whole new level of modeling. So clearly it should have potential. If this is now behaving like a tube amp as well as sounding like one, Boss are onto something.

Sadly, that kind of thing is unlikely to come across on YouTube.

These fellows are usually better than this.

Guest Farnsbarns

I've come to the conclusion that Chappers is actually a tw@. He has no feel, always demos everything with gratuitous pedals, comes in over other people's solos and frankly, he's not even technically that good.

He allows customers to design his guitars and Dorje blows goats so I'm wondering what his USP is. I don't even see an SP. I wish he'd pi55 off.

The captain, on the other hand, is engaging and intelligent whilst being funny and plays with a huge amount of feeling. I wish he'd tell Chappers to pi55 off.

If I built an amp and it sounded like that I'd be ashamed and no one would ever hear it other than me. It was dreadful.

Archived