Gibson Brands Forums

Calibrating a GForce

MarkJB

At some point I'm going switch out the strings to my preferred 10s. The manual says I will need to calibrate the tuner.

1. Press On three times. Press the Left button once (selects cyan A).

2. Press Enter twice. The string LEDs blink red.

3. Strum once. All lights should shine green briefly then turn off. If the LEDs continue to flash red,

mute the strings and strum again.

Ok so this much I get, then it begins to get a little confusing to my simple brain.

4. Once the strings have turned off from being green, or show a combination of blue and red LEDs,

mute the strings. Then all string LEDs blink red.

So, once the LEDs have all turned green (or a combination of blue and red? Why would they do that?) they will go off and flash red just once or continue to flash?

5. Repeat steps 3 and 4 until the LEDs light sequentially and one string LED is lit

What does this look like? Does it mean that the lights will chase one after another, leaving only the last (e?) lit?

I'm sure it's obvious when you do it, but I'm not sure I want to start the process until I know what to expect! Any one with experience?

At some point I'm going switch out the strings to my preferred 10s. The manual says I will need to calibrate the tuner.

1. Press On three times. Press the Left button once (selects cyan A).

2. Press Enter twice. The string LEDs blink red.

3. Strum once. All lights should shine green briefly then turn off. If the LEDs continue to flash red,

mute the strings and strum again.

Ok so this much I get, then it begins to get a little confusing to my simple brain.

4. Once the strings have turned off from being green, or show a combination of blue and red LEDs,

mute the strings. Then all string LEDs blink red.

So, once the LEDs have all turned green (or a combination of blue and red? Why would they do that?) they will go off and flash red just once or continue to flash?

5. Repeat steps 3 and 4 until the LEDs light sequentially and one string LED is lit

What does this look like? Does it mean that the lights will chase one after another, leaving only the last (e?) lit?

I'm sure it's obvious when you do it, but I'm not sure I want to start the process until I know what to expect! Any one with experience?

Ok. It seems confusing when you read it. Heck! I've been useing my G-Force for over a year and when I read your post I got confused.. lol.. Anyway step 4 is your first question, once the srtings have all shut off or do the blue red combo just do what it says, mute all strings for a couple of seconds then strum them again. (once you mute the strings all leds should shut off until you strum the again during this step. as for step 5, the light will light up in a row starting with E to e and then only the E will remain lit.

Ok. It seems confusing when you read it. Heck! I've been useing my G-Force for over a year and when I read your post I got confused.. lol.. Anyway step 4 is your first question, once the srtings have all shut off or do the blue red combo just do what it says, mute all strings for a couple of seconds then strum them again. (once you mute the strings all leds should shut off until you strum the again during this step. as for step 5, the light will light up in a row starting with E to e and then only the E will remain lit.

Thanks - will give it a go! [thumbup]

Archived