Gibson Brands Forums

Why the Gibson Les Paul Is Better Than the Fender Stratocaster

adamlovesgin

If anyone needed an extra opinion...

Why the Gibson Les Paul is Better than the Fender Stratocaster...

https://adamharkusblog.wordpress.com/2016/05/24/why-the-gibson-les-paul-is-better-than-the-fender-stratocaster/

And in the Strat's defence + final conclusions....

https://adamharkusblog.wordpress.com/2016/05/26/why-the-fender-stratocaster-is-better-than-the-gibson-les-paul/

Apples and Oranges...Love my Les Pauls (I have 3), but I also love my Stratocasters (I have 3 of those as well). Different sounds...look at many of the masters though...they go back and forth...Beck, early Clapton, EJ, Joe Walsh, Joe B., etc. (although I don't ever recall seeing Jimmy Page playing a Strat).

• 2 weeks later...

When I was younger I loved Fender guitars particularly strats and then I bought a Fender Jaguar. I think I probably ignored Gibson because I thought the price was way out of my range as a teenager and maybe had the opinion at the time that they were 'old man guitars'

now in my 30s I feel completely different and it's all about Gibson for me. There is always of course room for a strat and a telecaster in my collection.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...

OMG..., apple and oranges, Tesla vs Hell Cat, Blond vs Brunettes, Waxed vs Bushy, Mac vs PC, Big feet vs Small feet, Hamburgers vs Hotdogs, its one of those beating a dead horse, middle school comment threads again??? Jeez... does a good mechanic use a wrench to screw in a screw or use a screwdriver? Use the proper tool for what the job needs. If the song calls for strat sound use a strat. If calls for a les paul use a les paul. Jeez

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...

Bud is better than Miller, oh wait they are both awful and are devoid of flavor. 

This will be debated till guitarist stop strumming. Its old. I know this is a Gibson form. Wonder what they are saying on the Fender forum? How many players here own Fender's? I've owned Gibson's and Fender's and Martin's and Guild's ect ect. Opinions man opinions. 

Edited by Sgt. Pepper