Gibson Brands Forums

New Acoustic Guitar Day

Riffster

Hi all,

Well, I had been contemplating buying a parlor-sized guitar but I could not make up my mind, I could not find one that fit all my criteria including price.

Enter this Guild Westerly M-240E. After looking at a bunch of guitars I settled on this model.

Guild calls this a "concert" body, while contoured differently is about the size of a classical guitar but a neck joint at the 14th fret, full 25.5" scale and a slim neck with hidden active electronics, satin finish and a gig bag. Great sounding and very comfortable to play even laying back on a couch (something I could definitely not do with my Guild jumbo).

I am liking this guitar a lot.

44F2A886-D72D-4D13-B4B0-A0D4FDBBE32B_zpsuruzzxaw.jpg

66EB7B4A-79A5-4D8E-BCBB-202EDF7A4448_zpsf05tybxr.jpg

5FBA04CA-7E35-457E-B45E-9B3CBC4CFC75_zpsaonqxsvq.jpg

Great sounding and very comfortable to play even laying back on a couch (something I could definitely not do with my Guild jumbo).

Congrats, Riffster! These Guild non-braced archbacks really pump out the sounds. And yeah, the jumbos are, well, just that: JUMBO.

Thanks guys.

Very nice! Congratulations on the Guild; is that an F150 next to it in the pictures?

Nope, that's a GAD-JF48 also made in China but a higher level of quality, great guitar.

I love this small guitar, like Cougar says the non-braced back does seem to make the guitar louder.

I will be filing down both the nut and saddle for low action. It is very playable the way it is but it can be better.

I'm loving the slim neck.

Thanks guys.

Nope, that's a GAD-JF48 also made in China but a higher level of quality, great guitar.

I love this small guitar, like Cougar says the non-braced back does seem to make the guitar louder.

I will be filing down both the nut and saddle for low action. It is very playable the way it is but it can be better.

I'm loving the slim neck.

Nice looking guitar Riffster. Small acoustics are where it's at [thumbup]

Archived