Gibson Brands Forums

Christmas card from a hooker in Minneapolis on LG-2

flatbaroque

Excellent, FB. You do this very well, my friend. You've got the atmosphere and feel of a Tom Waits song in your own style. Waits has a way of writing that brings his topic to life and you're interpretation of this song succeeded in doing the same thing. Waits is cool, and so are you. Truly enjoyed it.

Hey everyone.Thanks for those supportive comments.It's a good song.I was happy to find that someone had worked it out and the "jazz" chords were not too hard.I really like singing it.

62B I record in 3 rooms in the house.That was in the"Sunroom"..Australian vernacular for a closed in verandah in an old house.I also record in the kitchen and lounge room.Recordings are a little different depending on the room.

Cheers.

You wouldnt happen to have tab you can share for the song would you?

Sure Blue Notes, used this one mainly

http://ezstrummer.com/samples/Christmas-Card-Tom-Waits.pdf

And welcome to the forum.

edit...I'd ignore the finger numbers they show on the chords..a couple of those maybe aren't the best fingers to use.Chords are good just not the fingers they suggest fretting with.Like the T they show on the A#9.I assume they mean thumb, I think this is easier with index and middle finger- for me anyway.

Archived