Gibson Brands Forums

Short jam with my 2013 R9 Heavy Aged Texas Burst

Nilsson

Hi!

Got this 2013 Gibson LP R9 Heavy Aged Texas Burst a few days ago, and it has barely left my sore hands since it arrived:) It's a fantastic reissue with a great neck and playability, nice aging and a warm, "woody" vintage tone with a wonderful growl to it when I add some gain! Quite heavy (4,1 kg) but I don't mind;) This one is a pure joy to play!

According to the COA this guitar is one of only 25 worldwide in a Limited run:) I don't know so much more about it so if anyone here can shed some light over this 25 LP Limited run, I would be grateful!

I made a simple backing track and jammed away. I hope this short clip (even with a bit sloppy playing) can give you an idea of how it sounds and growls with my Bluesbreaker amp:)

Cheers!

Cool jam mate! msp_thumbup.gif that R9 is a gorgeous piece; couldn't tell it was "aged" in any fashion when I watched on a small screen. Had to blow it up on a desktop and then saw the lower bout and the headstock. Lovely colour.

Cool jam mate! msp_thumbup.gif that R9 is a gorgeous piece; couldn't tell it was "aged" in any fashion when I watched on a small screen. Had to blow it up on a desktop and then saw the lower bout and the headstock. Lovely colour.

Thanks a lot Pesh! Glad you liked it!:) I'll try to post some more pictures below.

Archived