Gibson Brands Forums

2009 Gibson Les Paul Studio Fireburst

Hi All,

Firstly apologies if this is in the wrong forum.

I am new to the forum and Gibson Les Pauls, I am purchasing my first Les Paul later this week, previously I have used ESP/Dean and was fed up of the poor build quality. I have always loved the look of LP's but the finances have prevented me from acquiring one.

One thing I am being cautious of however is fakes. I have managed to source a 2nd-hand Gibson USA Les Paul Studio 'Fireburst' 2009 model including case that was purchased in Italy and the owner has kept it in excellent condition and is looking to sell it. (Ideally to me) including the original hard case.

The product code comes back with the following Info on the guitar dater project site: I am being careful as I know the serial codes can be duplicated with basic knowledge of the numbering system.

Your guitar was made at the

Nashville Plant, TN, USA

on February 18th, 2009

Production Number: 253

I have taken some photographs of the item hosted in an album here: http://imgur.com/a/KRHNl Hopefully somebody with some knowledge of what to look for in fakes/counterfeit Les Pauls can shed some light on it. I am looking to see if from what pictures I have provided there are any obvious warning signs.

I have had a look at this guitar first hand and given it a play and with the limited knowledge I have of them and what to look for, it appears to be sound and from the outset looked authentic and felt fantastic and well-crafted.

Any assistance in verifying this would be greatly appreciated. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived