Gibson Brands Forums

What is this?

I have read this forum, but only just joined and this is my first post. I apologize if this is incorrectly placed but I believe this is the correct section. For the moment these pictures are all that I have, but I am trying to get more. I would be trading a G&L Tribute S-500 for this...

http://eastky.craigslist.org/msg/5681426845.html

I guess I am asking what this is? And is it Gibson?

Thanks in advance guys, for all and any help.

Hold off on that trade.

There are inconsistencies in the ad and in the photos of the guitar in question.

That's all I can say for now, for fear that I'll be branded a heretic (again).

I'll stand by and let the real experts weigh-in on this strange craigslist ad.

[unsure]

teen-wolf-save-stiles.jpg

Hold off on that trade.

You probably want to post this in the Epiphone Lounge. You'll get more response.

Good luck

I agree.

This guitar is faked. Looks like an Epiphone with a Gibson decal. You better stay with your G&L.

There are inconsistencies in the ad and in the photos of the guitar in question.

Well, at least the seller (misspellingly) identifies it as an Epiphone, so yeah, the "Gibson" on the headstock is faked. Older Epi's put "Gibson" on the truss rod cover; I could be wrong, but I don't think Gibson ever did that (of course, they're pretty easily swapped). Depending on condition, the price isn't too far off, but I'd offer $80-100 less and see how the seller responds.

• 3 months later...

Archived