Gibson Brands Forums

New arch-tops

olie

• 3 weeks later...

Been waiting to get my hands on one of the 3 new models but all you ever get is commercials and talk. I am an Epiphone owner 3 times over and am very satisfied with my guitars. I'm just very disappointed with the company is handling the release of these new guitars. I have spoken to multiple retailers who distribute the brand and they are all negative about the company and the way they conduct their business. Only one of my three Epiphones were purchased new....the other two were bought as used equipment. When and if Epiphone ever releases any of the Century line and I decide to buy one it will be used not new. I have no doubt the founding Epi family were top notch craftsmen and masters of their trade, it's just too bad the business in owned now by self centered egotistical slippery sorts who think more of themselves than their customers.

Been waiting to get my hands on one of the 3 new models but all you ever get is commercials and talk. I am an Epiphone owner 3 times over and am very satisfied with my guitars. I'm just very disappointed with the company is handling the release of these new guitars. I have spoken to multiple retailers who distribute the brand and they are all negative about the company and the way they conduct their business. Only one of my three Epiphones were purchased new....the other two were bought as used equipment. When and if Epiphone ever releases any of the Century line and I decide to buy one it will be used not new. I have no doubt the founding Epi family were top notch craftsmen and masters of their trade, it's just too bad the business in owned now by self centered egotistical slippery sorts who think more of themselves than their customers.

they just announced them at summer NAMM. i'm guessing fall before they start flooding the market.

I suspect they are stuck waiting for them to first be received from overseas and then will go through the now delayed logistics of having them shipped. Plus. As indicated, they were just recently announced. I think you might be being a bit hard on the present Epiphone Company. They should be praised for resurrecting some fine historic models for us. Good things are worth waiting for (even if we do live in an instant gratification world these days)...

QM aka Jazzman Jeff

I suspect they are stuck waiting for them to first be received from overseas and then will go through the now delayed logistics of having them shipped. Plus. As indicated, they were just recently announced. I think you might be being a bit hard on the present Epiphone Company. They should be praised for resurrecting some fine historic models for us. Good things are worth waiting for (even if we do live in an instant gratification world these days)...

QM aka Jazzman Jeff

Sorry QM....not buying your excuses for the music magnets.

I agree Jazzman.Epiphone seems to have found a unique niche w/ this line, which is what Epi does.Interesting , retro guitars at a reasonable price with really decent quality.Also -this line provides a brand new area for collectors of Epiphone to increase the income of Gibson/Epiphone. Seems smart.

Archived