Gibson Brands Forums

Epiphone Chet Atkins Nylon - extremely low output?

rednebb

Hello, I recently bought a used Epiphone Chet Atkins Nylon (CEC model, I think?) and it's a nice guitar, but the output is really extremely low, like there's no preamp in there at all (is there in fact no preamp in it..)? I figured it had some kind of preamp, since it has a volume and tone control, but maybe it hasn't?

At the risk of stating the blindingly obvious, have you checked the battery?

There is none.. After posting the same thing on the Epiphonetalk forum, it seems obvious that mine is an early model; CEC (?) (and not the SST classic, which has a preamp), which has only a volume and tone control, (round gold buttons),no preamp..

Hello, I recently bought a used Epiphone Chet Atkins Nylon (CEC model, I think?) and it's a nice guitar, but the output is really extremely low, like there's no preamp in there at all (is there in fact no preamp in it..)? I figured it had some kind of preamp, since it has a volume and tone control, but maybe it hasn't?

Is there a passive humbucker style pickup that doesn't need a preamp (the same way electric guitars don't). My EJ160e has a humbucker that doesn't need a battery/power and volume and tone buttons

• 2 weeks later...

Archived