Gibson Brands Forums

2016 Explorer T Pickguard

renegade87

Hi Guys,

So, I have a black 2016 Explorer T that I need to get a new pickguard for. Gibson has stated that they only have enough in stock for production and pointed me to www.pickguardian.com. Tony at pickguardian says he does not have a template for the 2016's yet, and I'm not sure I want to send my existing pickguard by mail so they can make a copy.

I contacted Gibson customer service on this but it may be a while before they get back to me. Until then, I was wondering if anybody here knew if the 2014's and 2015 Explorers have the same mounting screw pattern and pickup spacing?

Thanks,

Dave

Hi Guys,

So, I have a black 2016 Explorer T that I need to get a new pickguard for. Gibson has stated that they only have enough in stock for production and pointed me to www.pickguardian.com. Tony at pickguardian says he does not have a template for the 2016's yet, and I'm not sure I want to send my existing pickguard by mail so they can make a copy.

I contacted Gibson customer service on this but it may be a while before they get back to me. Until then, I was wondering if anybody here knew if the 2014's and 2015 Explorers have the same mounting screw pattern and pickup spacing?

Thanks,

Dave

If they are telling you they don't have the template yet then they are pretty sure it isn't the same. I have a garden variety 2006 76 Reissue that I've bought two pickguards for, neither fit right, one needed trimming and one was too short at the pointy end. Pain in the a$$.

Pickguardian will tell you how to trace it, that's probably the best way if you don't want to mail it.

rct

If they are telling you they don't have the template yet then they are pretty sure it isn't the same. I have a garden variety 2006 76 Reissue that I've bought two pickguards for, neither fit right, one needed trimming and one was too short at the pointy end. Pain in the a$.

Pickguardian will tell you how to trace it, that's probably the best way if you don't want to mail it.

rct

Thanks RTC

I figured that's the route I'd have to go, but wanted to exhaust the options first.

Archived