Gibson Brands Forums

Not Getting E-mail Notifications.

Victory Pete

Any word on this, I really would like to get the notifications to work.

Hi there...

Well ive had the same issue on and off for like a year now....

I did find that when I went in to my settings that I had to reset the notifications.. So where it says Notification Preferences and make sure you tick Watch every topic I reply too, and pick your method (like notify me immediately)

Even now it seems a bit spotty, but it is mostly working.. There are some parts of the forum where I only get a notification if someone quotes me, but not if they just reply to a watched topic....

So you arnt alone...

I'm not very tech-savvy, so what I did was, I bought a spider monkey at the local pet store.

I then trained him to monitor my computer, and in particular, my web forum activities.

Whenever I get a notification on forum.gibson, the spider monkey knows to come get me (or even wake me up in the middle of the night) and he lets me know that something new and exciting has popped up.

This is a pretty good system, except for the bit where he plays with his wiener in front of company, and flings feces at the postman.

[unsure]

1586ee4defe71891e14866f8edd133b0.jpg

Hi there...

Well ive had the same issue on and off for like a year now....

I did find that when I went in to my settings that I had to reset the notifications.. So where it says Notification Preferences and make sure you tick Watch every topic I reply too, and pick your method (like notify me immediately)

Even now it seems a bit spotty, but it is mostly working.. There are some parts of the forum where I only get a notification if someone quotes me, but not if they just reply to a watched topic....

So you arnt alone...

Are there any Moderators around? It would be nice to get an official response. I have yet to get a single e-mail notification if ever.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Now I have tried with watching for some time a topic quite lively at the moment. No notification at all. I also checked the spam box of my mail account for that.

There has to be something wrong with the board. I hope thy get it sorted out soon.

I'm surprised to see you are still not connected. You aren't completely alone, so it has to be an ether glitch that's being worked on, because mine was restored. I went on a rampage of following multiple threads and after the first one came through it seemed to free up the link for me.

Good luck.

• 2 months later...

Archived