Gibson Brands Forums

NGD

dbrian66

ECEA339F-B5F3-459D-908B-1B562874C492_zpsrvaonyzu.jpg

Got a new guitar the other day off of Ebay. Some guy had this guitar and had just installed a new set of EMG 81/85's in it but never finished hooking them up. Long story short, the guitar didn't work so I ended up wining the auction for $100.00. He charged $50 to ship it.

A364ABBD-A54F-4CDE-8A57-1107F0743973_zpsnrp6hz5u.jpg

I think I was over charged for shipping! LOL!

I was surprised that the guitar survived the shipping in that box. It did though, and it was in really good shape. I finished doing the wiring. All it needed was to hook up the selector switch. Well the thing didn't work.

I had very low volume out of both pickups.msp_thumbdn.gif. I checked all of my solder connections, all the connections of the soderless system EMG supplies, and nothing was bad or wrong. I was starting to think that the volume pot was bad. I decided to start from scratch and just reinstall everything like I was doing the job for the first time. When I took the pickups out I found that the guy had plugged the harness' in backwards! I unhooked them, flipped the connector over and plugged it back in. Guitar works great!msp_thumbup.gif

So now I have a guitar with a $200 set of pickups installed that I only payed $150 for. A good day indeed!

• 2 weeks later...

...and 24 frets!

Snake head with straight string paths.

Very nice looking fret inlays.

Very nice package of features.

Will you use that Floyd Rose or block it up?

I should block it up because I really never use them. I would like to get better at using them so I leave them unblocked. I now have three guitars with them.

I should block it up because I really never use them. I would like to get better at using them so I leave them unblocked. I now have three guitars with them.

I got nice results with silently moving the whammy down by a full tone (or more) then striking the strings and raising it to get a slide effect. Despite that & other uses I eventually blocked it up.

Enjoy that very tidy looking guitar!

Archived