Gibson Brands Forums

les Paul titanium zero fret solved

junior65

Although I love the adjustability of my juniors zero fret....

I have just fitted one of these babies!

Stunning product from graphtech👊🏼

I have now removed the g force,I really tried to get used to them but not for me.

Have a pigtail bridge on the way also can then use nylon sadles for high strings.

Hope you find this usefull.

post-76692-014489800 1471338328_thumb.jpeg

I have now removed the g force,I really tried to get used to them but not for me.

Have a pigtail bridge on the way also can then use nylon sadles for high strings.

What was the problem with the titanium nut?

1471357489[/url]' post='1791901']

What was the problem with the titanium nut?

[/quote

the titanium to be fair did not wear and the plain g did not have the issues that it did with the brass one it came with.

I am not going to get started on the issues I had when I bought the guitar.😡Just not a fan of metal at the nut.

Guitars great now I knew when I bought it that it would be a work in progress but it was so cheap to buy.

the titanium to be fair did not wear and the plain g did not have the issues that it did with the brass one it came with.

I am not going to get started on the issues I had when I bought the guitar.��Just not a fan of metal at the nut.

Guitars great now I knew when I bought it that it would be a work in progress but it was so cheap to buy.

I have the free titanium nut from G but TBH I've not tried it yet because like you I bought a Tusq one. It sounds and feels right to me so I'll probably be sticking with it (though they are so easy to switch I will try the Titanium as some point). The ajustability is very helpful and has already saved me money - I had it set to the same height as the brass zero fret but the G string was too high meaning that it pulled out of tune when fretted (particularly when playing a cowboy D chord), I would not be confident enough to start filing the slot but with this of course there is no need, a couple of twists of the Allen key and she's spot on!

The GForce is going today, TBH I don't hate it but although it tunes perfectly it doesn't hold the tuning as securely as I'd like. If I was chopping and changing tunings all the time I'd probably keep it but I don't so stability is more important to me than having lots of options at the press of a button! The other thing is electronics do fail eventually and I'd like to keep it in working order in case I decide sell the guitar I'm the future.

The problem with g force is a big one.All that backwards and forwards of the tuners in operation wears the zero fret,just like pushing a file through the slots,I have had the titanium nut fitted for around four months.

To be fair it was holding up fine but I did remove the g force befor use though.

My original zero nut had slots in it within the first week of ownership!

My advice ditch the g force sell them on E bay I did this and recovered £90.00 and fitted vintage tuners with the cash.

The 2015 junior was aimed at the prs se market in my opinion and when I played it at first it had a very modern sound like an P.R.S single cut USA I once owned.

Fitting the graphtech has smoothed out the sound and given the guitar a more vintage tone.

I have an Pigtail wrap bridge on its way also for this guitar.

I have rolled the fingerboard edges a little also, neck now feels way better now

If it was economical to do so I would get someone who is spot on to refret and heavy roll the fingerboard edges this neck would be amazing if this was done!

photo provided

Thumb over e fretting is a bit easier now the neck is to wide Gibson now this that's why they changed them back😳

I'm going to leave the electronics,might build a new harness in future think they sound OK to be honest.

The warranty went when I changed the tuners I am aware😡Instead of trading guitars i have learned to Mold them to my requirements learned a lot of tricks over the years and damaged a few in the process.😢Guitar is so great to play now sounds amazing WE CAN TUNE OUR GUITARS GUYS! what happened to learning to play does everything have to come on a plate these days.

I found you reply interesting

Thanks

post-76692-067268200 1471427285_thumb.jpeg

My advice ditch the g force sell them on E bay I did this and recovered £90.00 and fitted vintage tuners with the cash.

Now there's a thought! Just had a look on EBay, could be a good plan! Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

The graphtech search engine is really poor. I finally found this part number by using Google,

So I just want to confirm is this the part number you ordered. Seems to be the only one.

In response to the last post I've replaced the Brass with a titanium nut and it works great, But I've definitely noticed a more metallic attack on the string. Of course as you turn the gain up it disappears mostly.

But I too would like the more vintage EQ in the string attack. As you said it's very easy to try a few different versions. Thanks for scoping that out.

"PQL-6110-00: TUSQ XL Adjustable Replacement Nut, provides a quick solution for guitarists wanting to change out their factory installed Gibson brass or titanium zero fret nut. Simply drop the new nut into place, and use the set screws (included) to adjust string height at the nut for your preferred action. Impregnated with PTFE for maximum tuning stability and performance.<br style="color: rgb(58, 58, 58); font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; line-height: 23px;">*PQL-6110-00 will not fit onto 2016 models"

The graphtech search engine is really poor. I finally found this part number by using Google,

So I just want to confirm is this the part number you ordered. Seems to be the only one.

Yep, that's the fella [thumbup]

Archived