Gibson Brands Forums

I just bought a 2007 LP studio Help me out

duffrouillard

I just bought a new 2007 LP studio on Ebay Are the new bodies chambered?? I checked with Gibson and they are... I thought I got a Fake if anyone out there is good at telling fakes from real pauls please message me.. I did all the usual Checked the SN# it was right but in the cavity where the POTS are they are unmarked on my 06 it says gibson on them.. Well if anyone can help please let me kno

duff

I just bought a new 2007 LP studio on Ebay Are the new bodies chambered?? I checked with Gibson and they are... I thought I got a Fake if anyone out there is good at telling fakes from real pauls please message me.. I did all the usual Checked the SN# it was right but in the cavity where the POTS are they are unmarked on my 06 it says gibson on them.. Well if anyone can help please let me kno

duff

Yes, your 07 LP is chambered (They started chambering towards the end of 06). It would have been a good idea to have the serial number checked out before you purchased it (no offense). I understand that If you call Gibson with the serial number they can tell you if the serial number is valid or not.

yup I got it checked out It is just night and day difference from my 06 thanks a lot for reply

Some people can't hear the difference. I've only played the new chambered models a few times and I think the the new chambered models sound brighter, have more sustain, and are more resonant.

Archived