Gibson Brands Forums

NGD (non Gibson)

Dave F

Picked up a custom L00 (Georgia Peach Tribute to Duane Allman) made by local luthier Jamonn Zeiler that I ordered earlier this year. Real nice. #9 of 24. Here's some photos.

Red Spruce top with Red Spruce bracing and hide glue. I requested clear pick guard.

Honduras Mahogany back and sides

Maple 3 piece neck. Carved to match my L5

Ebony fret board and bridge. I requested the fret board be plain.

Bone nut and saddle

3B74367B-0E2A-437A-A886-054BAC241015_zpsivfb8tqq.jpg

B5875493-3960-40F2-B79F-44280B885A6D_zpsbu3pw9df.jpg

93FD286D-1861-4136-8F2E-236166B25AC9_zpsnbct0ohj.jpg

84AAA8DD-C3DB-48EE-97B3-66300A2E0F3D_zpshcof9zje.jpg

F89FEC6B-31E4-430E-8F80-C098AF31A25F_zpstnvz6vlj.jpg

Very nice, Dave. Nice to have one built that has a neck profile of one (the L-5) that you're comfortable with, and good of you to support a local luthier.

Some clean lines out front. Looks like it'll make a great guitar for pickin' some country blues. Only one way we'll find out ; ) .

Happy NGD- we know what you'll be doing this weekend.

Looks great, I have utterly failed the "Only One" club.

The 'only one' club used to be the province of those of us trying to generate our income from the 'one and only' and you belonged because you were lucky to have just one and not because you were enchanted with the idea. I admire today's current members who fall into that circumstance, but celebrating the notion strikes me as nothing more than an affectation.

The 'only one' club used to be the province of those of us trying to generate our income from the 'one and only' and you belonged because you were lucky to have just one and not because you were enchanted with the idea. I admire today's current members who fall into that circumstance, but celebrating the notion strikes me as nothing more than an affectation.

What's an 'affectation' ?

I admire today's current members who fall into that circumstance, but celebrating the notion strikes me as nothing more than an affectation.

What's an 'affectation' ?

In this sense of the word- kind of like reverse snobbery?

In this sense of the word- kind of like reverse snobbery?

Very nice interpretation. If you're content with only one, that's perfectly fine. Implying that your self-limitation to just a single instrument somehow makes you a more noble/realistic/viable person and/or musician sends a contrived (affected) and snobbish message.

Really Really nice looking and no doubt sounding guitar , looks a fingerpickers dream . One thing apart from the flawless finish I did notice was the great neat way that the strings are fitted at the tuning posts makes the headstock look really sleek , well done and enjoys hours of pleasure

Archived