Gibson Brands Forums

"Hard Workin Man" Brooks+Dunn

10K-DB

Been one of fav top 10 bands over the years,,always enjoy this one. Cant figure out if its Country Or Rock? I hear both in it,,maybe thats what makes it such a kicka@@#ss tune. Plus Kix Brooks has a beautiful LP in the vid.

Cant figure out if its Country Or Rock?

Don't see how that matters. You like it... that is all that's important.

Most Nashville "Country" acts have a fair amount of rock guitar these days. In fact that's keeping a few of my friends up there in groceries. [biggrin]

It will do well at both a Country or Rock venue.

I've not heard the term Country-Rock for quite a while. Why is that? It didnt harm the likes of Poco or the Marshall Tucker Band.

You cannot blend the words rock & country though. Just sounds wrong. Crock / Cock / Runtry

It will do well at both a Country or Rock venue.

I've not heard the term Country-Rock for quite a while. Why is that? It didnt harm the likes of Poco or the Marshall Tucker Band.

You cannot blend the words rock & country though. Just sounds wrong. Crock / Cock / Runtry

True,,lol,,"Crock/Runtry" I think your on to somethin' there. The 2 genres do blend well,,and thats a good thing.

Country. Kickin' country. The difference might be a matter of something as nebulous as "personality." If Janis Joplin did this piece, it'd be rock. [biggrin]

+1 Maybe someone should do Country Cover of "Purple Haze"/Hendrix? That might be interesting [scared]

And the most disturbing, ( yes I own a copy)

OMG!! LMAO ya know in a way its kindof neat to hear "musically opposites" versions of well known tunes,,as are the vids above your post,,The Dobro Slide guy in "Fire" is amazing. thanks for the vids

Speaking of Jimi,,his version of Johnny B Goode is a neat example of him takin this one over the top,,putting his own spin on what he heard in his musics minds eye. Still blows me away what he did w/so little high tech gear in the day

A little back ground on Randy California, when Chas Chandler "discovered" Jimi playing in Jimi James and the Flames in a club in NYC,Randy was playing with Jimi. Randy had the chance to go to London with Hendrix but chose to return to LA and form the band Spirit.If he had gone with Jimi, imagine how the Jimi Hendrix Experience would have sounded.

And this one they did is outstanding,,love to practice scales and such to there material,,fun,,fun for sure. Now,,not sure if they "wrote" these,,alot of great song writers floating around Nashville. But either way,,some great melodys,,and stories in there songs.

Nice covers of those,,IMO the greats of the gtr universe are musically open minded,,and enjoy doing covers of others. Some of the biggest bands have had there "break out" hits as covers,,IE: VH[You really got me} ect,,ect theres so many cant think of them all. Something to learn from I guess. Thanks for posting!

Archived