Gibson Brands Forums

focusrite scarlette solo

Roach

I saw a few threads about focusrite stuff but they were old.

I have the scarlette solo and I love it, except when it shuts off and on randomly sometimes in heavy doses. They have not been able to help me resolve the problem and i have done everything they asked. The most likely cause of this is that the solo that i got is a usb 2.0 device and my win 8.1 computer has usb 3.0 on it... Now, I was led to believe that my usb 3.0 was backward compatable with usb 2.0 devices, but i have seen the error a time or two that says my older device wont work on usb3.0. I had the same thing happen on a printer i had. never resolved that either. i have tried everything they came up with and some things i researched out myself... and the ultimate answer may just be make sure you get usb 3.0 device if you have usb3.0 ports.

• 2 weeks later...

turns out taking an external 4 port usb hub that is 2.0 and plugging it into one of my pc's usb3.0 ports was all i needed to do to get the scarlette solo to work properly without the issues i was having. This is good because it allows me to use my other 3.0 usb devices in my other 3.0 ports, as opposed to microsofts suggestion to make all usb 2.0. This only turns one port to 2.0 and gives me 4 usb 2.0 ports leaving me 5 usb 3.0 onboard ports.

turns out taking an external 4 port usb hub that is 2.0 and plugging it into one of my pc's usb3.0 ports was all i needed to do to get the scarlette solo to work properly without the issues i was having.

So I guess 2.0 + 2.0 = 3.0. [biggrin]

• 1 month later...

Archived