Gibson Brands Forums

NCD!

Mr. C.O. Jones

Yup, new case day!!!

Well it's tweed and I love it.

Well balanced too!

Nice interior, makes me think about pre-ordering a coffin with the same one. Oh that reddish coziness!

DSC_0207_zpsfecfuymu.jpg

And because it would be sad to fill it only with hot valencian air I had to buy one of those case filling thingies.

DSC_0205_zpslbzuw2bo.jpg

DSC_0206_zpsekcw1x7j.jpg

It's a Special Edition MIM Standard. The voodoo priest design is made by David Lozeau and according to his website only 100 of them where made.

And while others may be puking right now, personally I love colour and artwork.

But the best things about it are it's playability and sound.

I absolutely love the modern C-shape neck, the fretwork is top notch.

I am overall really surprised from build quality to sound.

I was already looking at replacement part's like pickups, trem's, nut's, tuner's and the such.

But I won't touch anything about it.

Feels and sounds like I think a Strat should, period!

The only thing that was causing some tuning issues was the butterfly string tree. And only because it was screwed directly to the headstock. Fixed it already with a little spacer under it, better angle = less friction, problem solved.

It made me fall in love again with my TH30 clean channel.

Theres nothing like a Strat for cleans, position 2 and 4 on the PU selector are just beautiful.

But it does almost everything good, overdriven it's also pure joy.

Really happy with it, don't see those quality problems lot's of people seem to have with Fender. Even the Squier's I tried where pretty good for the money with a few exeptions.

And to the where it's made thing, I really don't notice that much difference between MIM and MIA Fender's but maybe it's just me?

Well that's all for now, I have to play that thing now, and my Lester's too!

And to the where it's made thing, I really don't notice that much difference between MIM and MIA Fender's but maybe it's just me?

Congratulations, Marcos!

Yes, I don't notice any difference either.

Bence.

The artwork is certainly, erm, different from the masses...Glad you like it, though!

It sort of matches your Cathedral Reverb pedal.

Nice case. But you didn't show us the inside.............[-X

I'm guessing it's much the same as the one I bought for mine?

Tweed%20Case%20full%20loish-res_zps4hheflgg.jpg

Pip.

I like the logic.

"I need a new case.. But crap.. it's empty?!?!!? Well now what?. Wait! I know!!!"

I've seen similar MIM art work strats at the local store from time to time decent strats for sure. and everyone needs at least one... at least..

enjoy the playing!

I'll speak for the purists. I am a purist. If Fender calls it a Strat, it's a strat, no matter what the artwork. If you cobbled it together out of StewMac leftover sale parts and called it a Strat I'd be the first to tell you "That's not a strat".

That's a fun Strat for lots of people!

rct

The artwork is certainly, erm, different from the masses...Glad you like it, though!

It sort of matches your Cathedral Reverb pedal.

Nice case. But you didn't show us the inside.............[-X

I'm guessing it's much the same as the one I bought for mine?

Tweed%20Case%20full%20loish-res_zps4hheflgg.jpg

Pip.

Yeah I had some problems with my internetz and uploading was a bit of a pita.

And it looks exactly like yours, only in your pic the red looks darker.

A direct result of my lack of photographing skills & equipment.

Here are some more shots....

DSC_0213_zpspl2psdin.jpg

DSC_0212_zpsyd4zsb4m.jpg

Nice! (both of them). Have you had any problem with the latches on the case? When I bought a Fender Tweed case for my Strat XII a couple years ago I had to return two of them for broken latches (one showed up broken and the other broke in the first week).

Didn't notice any problems on mine, but if there's a weak-spot it probably would be those latches.

Archived