Gibson Brands Forums

Never get tired of this...

daveinspain

Yeah.. Out of all the funny moments in that film, that has to be the most classic...

Its like the apex of being a lead guitar player in a rock band :) It gets right to the point....

That and the Stonehenge scene... that always cracks me up too...

Rob Reiner did a great job w/this movie,,when they did the "PoD exit" live stage scene,,where the bass player gets stuck in his Pod,,cant get out till end of tune. thats one of fav clips They are actually damm good players+ band,,wonder if they had any top 10 hits{non-comedy} anywhere on the charts? They should have,,if they do I dont recall which one.

LOL,really? Thats impressive indeed! Alright,,thats it,, Im taking my amp to the tech guy,,and make it go to 17{why I chose 17 I have no idea}

LOL

Think I'll just grab a fine tipped sharpie and add another zero after my dial numbers, then I'll go to 100. Cheaper than an amp tech.

Rob Reiner did a great job w/this movie,,when they did the "PoD exit" live stage scene,,where the bass player gets stuck in his Pod,,cant get out till end of tune. thats one of fav clips They are actually damm good players+ band,,wonder if they had any top 10 hits{non-comedy} anywhere on the charts? They should have,,if they do I dont recall which one.

Found this on Wikipedia:

"Studio albums

This Is Spinal Tap (1984) U.S. No. 121

Break Like the Wind (1992) U.S. No. 61 UK No. 51

Back from the Dead (2009) U.S. No. 52

Singles

"B****h School" / "Springtime" (1992) UK No. 35

"The Majesty of Rock" (1992) UK No. 61"

I'll confess to owning "This is Spinal Tap" and "Break Like the Wind" they're not bad.

There is so much to love about Spinal Tap.

Two American comedy actors and one English-American comedy actor playing and singing songs of their own device, and rolling hard with their characterizations of aging British rockers.

Simply brilliant.

One of the things I love the most is how the supporting television news reporters and radio personalities nearly always play straight man, and choose to present them to the audience as the real deal (and not just actors Harry Shearer, Micheal McKean, and Christopher Guest portraying Spinal Tap).

They really are quite talented on their instruments, truth be told.

Not outstanding in any way, but close enough for rock and roll.

:)

google-may-unveil-itunes-rival-46jiple-x-large.jpg

Not to derail the thread as I LOVED the Tap movie but there are a couple of other outstanding (in my opinion) mockumentaries out there.

For those that maybe interested

A Mighty Wind

The Life and Hardtimes of Guy Terrifico

Enjoy

Johnny

Sigh I can never get this stuff to embed...

Over the years 11 proved to be not enough. As a matter of course, Nigel Tufnel promoted the Marshall JCM 900 series featuring gain sensitivity control up to 20 back in 1990.

Funny video including hilarious talk and celebrity guests:

Archived