Gibson Brands Forums

Help identifying electric guitar

"Hello,

I brought this guitar for my husband in 2005. He had a work related accident where he cannot play it anymore. I am trying to sell and maybe buy a lighter model to play.

I don't have any information or specifications on this guitar. Can someone please help me?

The serial number is 00455449, the card that game with the guitar is not readable.I don't know how to attach photos.

It is Natural Amber.

Can you also help me with suggestions for a lighter model Gibson guitar? He likes to play when he is feeling down or in pain from the results of his injury.

He hasn't played in awhile because guitar is too heavy for him now.

Thank You for all your help!!!!

ET

Can you also help me with suggestions for a lighter model Gibson guitar? He likes to play when he is feeling down or in pain from the results of his injury.

An SG Standard. they're pretty light and will sound pretty close to a les paul (which I am assuming is what he has now)..

to post pictures, get a free photo bucket account.. upload your photo, and when viewing the photo click on the IMG link in the box to the right of the uploaded photo.

paste that link in an edit window on the forum.

• 2 weeks later...

"Hello,

I brought this guitar for my husband in 2005. He had a work related accident where he cannot play it anymore. I am trying to sell and maybe buy a lighter model to play.

I don't have any information or specifications on this guitar. Can someone please help me?

The serial number is 00455449, the card that game with the guitar is not readable.I don't know how to attach photos.

It is Natural Amber.

ET

First of all, I hope your husband is doing better. Equally important is that you care enough to look into his hobby. You are a great WIFE! Ok down to business. ]

Is this an accurate picture based in your description? This is a 2005 Gibson Les Paul Standard Trans Amber. See picture below:\

zpxmtdxorshoxqkqtn8b.jpg

If so the one in the picture is listed at $1899 on Reverb.com

To your second question, The SG is indeed lighter but not quite the same sound as a good Les Paul like he is used to. There are several " Wieght Relieved or " Chambered " models available from past years all the way up to 2016. Click here for an explanation on Weight Relieved Gibsons

This Les Paul Traditional T is a weight relieved Les Paul. I am not sure of the exact difference in the weight but it should be considerable. Look around Gibson's Web Site for more examples.

MAKE SURE YOU GET HIM A GIBSON! I can tell that you care so make sure he gets the best of the best!

God Bless

• 2 months later...
Guest Edward Grabow

"Hello,

It is Natural Amber.

ET

Guest Anthony Harris

Hi to you im trying to get information on a tiger stripe les Paul standard I think the serial number is 00170424 if anyone can shed some light on this.thank you Tony

Archived