Gibson Brands Forums

Roll up for song of the week

blindboygrunt

I'm not convinced these threads always work but sal hinted at me that this song might make a good target

Here's my stab at it ..

there's a couple of you who's versions I am looking forward to , but the idea of this game is hearing the subtleties that we all have to bring to a song. Or the total non-subtleties , punk versions would be great !!

Hop you all play

https://soundcloud.com/islandmageestu/adele-schmelle

It's bob dylans 'make you feel my love'

Guilty. I "follow" Grunt on soundcloud, and see when he uploads new recordings. Last week I heard the version of Make You Feel My Love that he posted here above, and was entranced.

I asked him to start up song of the week, and to do so maybe with this song. I figured its easy to play, and it can be sung low or high, and therefore many could contribute. I emailed Grunt and even specifically mentioned a few names here whose potential versions I would love to hear.

Please give this a go guys! SOTW (Song of the Week) could be fun, and we have so many folks now sharing on this forum, so SOTW might really endure as a fun community thing.

Here is the version I recorded after Grunt recorded his: https://soundcloud.com/sal-from-chatham/make-you-feel-my-love

Well done you fellers.I always like to contribute to these potential SOTW. Life is intruding on free time at the moment so I may not get a chance.

Anyway it's a good choice and I'll check in when I can to see if some more versions happen.

I'll still try to get one done if I can.

I'll make an offering soon, I hope--assuming I can scrounge up the time i which to make a worthy go of it. Excellent song choice, and I like both takes on the books thus far.

Thanks for reigniting the SOTW--very fun!

I went out on a limb and committed myself to Stu on this so......

Ah, Keith... You nailed it--beautiful! I'd start listening to the damn radio again if I thought I'd hear you on it.

Fact...

Excellent work boys. Perfect how everyone makes it their own. you guys are champs...

I gotta get in on this. I don't think I'll make the deadline for this song.

I have a wedding today, and some tentative plans for tomorrow..

so... What's next weeks song? I may have a few ideas...

And the winner is........................

So this is one of my wife's favorite songs and I asked her to judge the entries thus far.

It's a tie .......... kwalker and Sal. K for the smooth presentation. Sal for a more natural voice (she says sorta like Steve Goodman or Townes ... high praise either way). She also liked the harmonica in Sal's and FB's version.

BBG and FB get honorable mention from her. No losers here, just good and gooder.

Sal, I liked the sniffle towards the end ..... a technique I often use ...LOL.

NOW, Ann, we need to hear your version!

Glad to see the SOTW back! Let's hear some more versions.

FB and Keith. Awesome. Let's get others in. And JDD thank your wife, but we no ranky, no winny, all playey. Diminishes the joy of playing and listening if we are thinking about winners and losers. I know you didn't mean that, and you said as much too... So I am not chiding... Just kind of saying an unofficial rule for this thing should be to bring your version, and never worry about good or less good.. Just play. It kind of helps that vibe if no one thinks in terms of rankings.

Chees to you and your bride for listening!

Ps Grunt and I both knew Keith's voice would be naturally mated to this tune too!

Anne that was fantastic.Your guitar sounded so good.

Hey all you Soundcloudians what chord shape did you start the song in and where did you capo?You can see I was in G uncapoed. I only had a 2 hr window but I tried it with a capo on 2, 3,4, 5 and 7..haha.Didn't know what key to do it in.I even had a go in open d tuning as the good fellow on the dylanchords website recommended that approach.But it sounded too much like Simple Twist of Fate.

Archived