Gibson Brands Forums

Little Help ?

cjtuffy

My first post here so take it easy on a newbie :) I bought this guitar in 1981 used.. I thought the young lady I got it from said it was a Youth model...but that was 30+ years ago. I need to sell it now and want to have some information on what I have to know what to ask for it.. Looking for what model it is and what would be a fair price for it. Any help would be greatly appreciated ... CJ

Here's some pics . Well maybe not....any photo size that you can view the guitar is too large for this window...any ideas on how to post larger viewable pic ???? Serial number is 438305

Lots of time when folks talk about Gibson "youth models" they refer to a guitar made for about 15 years between the early 1960s and late 1970s - the B25.

The B25 is the same shape as the Gibson LG2s that many of us have. They made the B25 with a plastic bridge though, and there were some other nuances as well I am sure. Often times if a player wants an old LG2, and they happen to come across an old B25 real cheap, they will pay a luthier to swap out the bridge for a rosewood one...

Does your guitar look anything like these B25s?

https://reverb.com/m...uery=gibson+b25

How wide is the nut? 1 and 9/16"?

I'd never heard it that way before, but it makes sense. The toothpick necks were a shot at appealing to younger players, I knew. The LG-2 3/4 was considered to be a younger person's model, as well. At one time loads of LG-1's were sold to the Kalamazoo area public schools with the intent of getting kids hooked on Gibson guitars early on. Then there was the B-15. And the LG-0. As I think about it, that's a bunch....

Archived