Gibson Brands Forums

Peter Green Neck Pickup

Zentar

There could be something under the pup that makes it sit like that.

It's a folded up piece of paper that has written on it "Self: don't work on guitar while stoned. Love, Pete".

rct

At first I though Green had deliberately lowered the bass side of the pickup but it looks more like he went on stage with a problem he left unattended. Green is a peculiar mix of musical Bach-like genius and completely a broken man. It is fortunate that he is still with us and still plays. He is a survivor type no doubt.

Once you get that pickup below the confines of the bezel it can lean quite a bit. That's what it looks like is happening to me.

I think you're looking at an early clue to indicate he was gradually losing his health.

Guest Farnsbarns

I think you're seeing a guitar which had its neck pup magnet installed backward, then the pup rotated in a foolish attempt to correct it and then had the pickup set where it sounded best despite all that. I think you're reading too much into it.

I just watched a video about Peter Greens guitar collection. He was in a locked storage area showing them to the guy doing the interview and Peter was babbling about why he plays single pickup guitars and what single pickup guitars mean and he started ranting about one pickup one thought one man one idea one guitar, and making no sense. It is really a shame.

yep, he was an acid casualty for sure. not quite as bad as Syd Barrett, but he was a victim of the times & himself.

Archived