Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson Limited Edition Western Classic Mystic Acoustic Guitar

Victory Pete

You're coming across that way yourself Pete.

Hate to be the one to break it to you.

I've no dog in the fight. I just hate it when forums fall into rows over misunderstandings.

Sal is a perfect gentleman

However I may appear is fine, but I am not the one going around criticizing and reprimanding others.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have you tried putting a lampshade over the the headstock? If that doesn't work, maybe wear it on your head? Might help you lighten the fck up. Just a helpful thought. [smile]

Nice to have you back on your game.....

[thumbup]

Have you tried putting a lampshade over the the headstock? If that doesn't work, maybe wear it on your head? Might help you lighten the fck up. Just a helpful thought. [smile]

Adds a new dimension to the notion of 'light headed'😵

If you've been through two (several?) SJ-200s, and not been pleased, do you think this one will meet your criteria?

Hi, Jesse! Nice to hear from you - been a while - how are you? Meanwhile, maybe the third time's a charm - I went through that many Hummingbirds before finding one I could bond with. Then again, maybe not. Tough call...😒

If you've been through two (several?) SJ-200s, and not been pleased, do you think this one will meet your criteria?

I have had one SJ-200 with finish issues, I returned it. I will let you know if the new one has no flaws. It is all up to Gibson's quality control, or lack there of.

Hi, Jesse! Nice to hear from you - been a while - how are you? Meanwhile, maybe the third time's a charm - I went through that many Hummingbirds before finding one I could bond with. Then again, maybe not. Tough call...😒

Yes it seems Gibson's quality control is hit or mess, My 3 Martins on the other hand were (are) absolutely perfect.

Quality control on every one of my Gibsons, bought new and old, has been great. I am not a "cheerleader", and I also have Martins and even a Taylor - where there were more QC issues. For what its worth.

But hey... good luck. Maybe your new Gibson will come with a lamp shade and a World Trade Center esque break angle. Rooting for ya!

Yes it seems Gibson's quality control is hit or mess, My 3 Martins on the other hand were (are) absolutely perfect.

Historically, the more things change, the more they stay the same esp. with brand-new Gibsons during my lifetime. That's part of what got me started buying 'em used and/or vintage many years ago. I agree about Martin QC. Most are pretty consistent, though there was an interval where D-35s had to be evaluated one-at-a-time.

The more things change.... is right. We regularly have rant threads about Gibson QC. They seem to be adventures in anecdotes.

They're usually based on one member whose purchased his first Gibson Acoustic after being an electric/Martin/Taylor/Epiphone guy - and receives a guitar that passed through a dealer who apparently missed what the Gibson QC people also missed. Sometimes, the purchaser actually had the guitar in his hands at the store and also missed the alleged defects.

I think in half the cases - it's buyer's remorse. Either second thoughts of spending too much $ or not liking the guitar after a week or so. Reminds me of the cliche jokes about the guy who wakes up next to the waitress from the bar and realizes she's missing a couple of teeth.

The other half of the cases very well may be QC issues - but many seem to remember the Five Star Dealer is our actual supplier, not Gibson. They are a key part of the Supply Chain. If you receive a guitar with legitimate defects - it is their 'fault'. They accepted the guitar in their Receiving Department QC area, and preferred it for sale. If I were looking for a 100% cosmetically perfect Gibson (because I wasn't going to ding it EVER) - I would simply tell my 5 Star Dealer to inspect it closely and not send a it unless it was 100%. Problem solved. Then, any issues you have would be easier to deal with - and again it would be the Dealer, not Bozeman who needed to address it.

Sending an email to Bozeman that "I found an orange peel blemish on my new guitar." is unrealistically silly. It would be like writing GM about a wrinkly in your leather seat, instead of taking it to the dealer to be fixed.

Good Luck VP with your Third Attempt at getting a Gibson you are happy with. Based on your comment after you sent back the first one - I assume this is Bozeman's 'one more, last chance'.

Archived