Gibson Brands Forums: how to determine correct wattage on resistors? - Gibson Brands Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

how to determine correct wattage on resistors? Gibson GA-5 Skylark

#1 User is offline   Mulevaline 

• Group: Members

Posted 01 September 2016 - 04:57 PM

I'm needing to replace some resistors in my vintage GA-5....looked at the schematic and can't see resistor wattage listed....How do I find out to order new ones?
thanks!

#2 User is offline   dkevin 

• Group: All Access

Posted 02 September 2016 - 10:05 AM

If it is a blonde/tweedish GA-5, most of the resistors are 1/2 watt carbon composition resistors. I think they used a 1 watt CC for the cathode resistors on the 12AX7 and 6V6. If I am replacing them, I may choose to upgrade the dropping resistors to 1 watt metal oxides. I usually measure the old ones and replace them if they have drifted too far from the schematic values.

#3 User is offline   Mulevaline 

• Group: Members

Posted 02 September 2016 - 05:05 PM

View Postdkevin, on 02 September 2016 - 10:05 AM, said:

If it is a blonde/tweedish GA-5, most of the resistors are 1/2 watt carbon composition resistors. I think they used a 1 watt CC for the cathode resistors on the 12AX7 and 6V6. If I am replacing them, I may choose to upgrade the dropping resistors to 1 watt metal oxides. I usually measure the old ones and replace them if they have drifted too far from the schematic values.

Thanks....exactly what I needed to know!

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users