Gibson Brands Forums

2017 Les Paul selection...

norcalpiper

• 2 weeks later...

When will this complete color scheme be available? I've seen pics on the internet, but not on the seller sites. Anyone have info on these?

They only have two colours here

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/gibson-2017-les-paul-custom-special-electric-guitar

Same two here

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Gibson/2017-Les-Paul-Custom-Special-Electric-Guitar.gc

Yup! Just the ebony/tortoise and the wine red at the moment. I'd not be surprised if more of these colors, above, are made available in the coming weeks—if not the new year, for sure.

I still like the ebony, but if they threw out a "TV Yellow" at some point, I might be a little miffed that I did not wait.

Well, I've got a 2017 Tribute T gold top coming this week, it's shipped. So I'll know shortly what's going on with things. I do all my own setups and guitar work, so if it's in need of any tweaking I can take care of it myself. Once it's dialed in and then plugged in, I should be able to report back on that particular 2017 model.

Cool.. Love the tribute models... I got one of the early 60s tribute models (also a goldtop) with P90s... Also its good to see on the 2017 version that they have gone back to having natural backs.. Never really dug the dark backs as much...

Great guitars for a great price [thumbup]

Cool.. Love the tribute models... I got one of the early 60s tribute models (also a goldtop) with P90s... Also its good to see on the 2017 version that they have gone back to having natural backs.. Never really dug the dark backs as much...

Great guitars for a great price [thumbup]

Yeah, I'm with you on the natural back. That tipped the scales for me on the purchase. If it had been a dark back model, I might not have been as enthusiastic. [thumbup]

oh yuck. The SapellificOvangkolifiBubingafication of all things mahogany has finely met the great Les Paul. Shame that.

rct

I like it.. But I think that the neck and body back woods should match.. Looks a bit weird like the one above..

So the 2017 Traditionals are non-weight relieved?

Gibson 2017 Les Paul Traditional T Electric Guitar

"Body type:Solid Body"

Weight relieved LPs are also "solid body" guitars. See the description of the Standard (or any other LP that is weight relieved).

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/gibson-2017-les-paul-standard-t-electric-guitar.

Weight relief or the lack thereof does not determine whether an LP is solid body. Unless it's specifically a semi-hollow LP, it's a solid body. Even if it has weight relief.

But yes, the 2017 Trads look to be non-weight relieved.

Weight relieved LPs are also "solid body" guitars. See the description of the Standard (or any other LP that is weight relieved).

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/gibson-2017-les-paul-standard-t-electric-guitar.

Weight relief or the lack thereof does not determine whether an LP is solid body. Unless it's specifically a semi-hollow LP, it's a solid body. Even if it has weight relief.

But yes, the 2017 Trads look to be non-weight relieved.

Just slightly pedantic?

... then you end by agreeing with him??

Just slightly pedantic?

... then you end by agreeing with him??

Not pedantic at all... I was just pointing out that "solid body" status has nothing to do with weight relief (as he posited).

However, that incorrect posit does not change the fact that the 2017s are indeed non-weight relieved.

Not pedantic at all... I was just pointing out that "solid body" status has nothing to do with weight relief (as he posited).

However, that incorrect posit does not change the fact that the 2017s are indeed non-weight relieved.

Just to clarify: I'd heard people saying it was non weight relieved and the "solid body" description seemed to imply that it was non weight relieved, but a Les Paul in general (not including the ES of course) is thought of as a solid body guitar. Hence, my question. [thumbup]

Thanks for the answers. Now to see if a standard poker chip can be simply installed. [biggrin]

Archived