Gibson Brands Forums

epi vs. gibson, can you hear the differance

JerseyRay

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think he was referring to our friend SG player...he posts pictures of 'his' Gibsons and will usually throw in something like 'not a copy here' or something along those troll lines.

Thanks for the backup, Bro...

Didn't realize as the OP of the "Gibson Snob Here" thread that I encouraged mindless behavior from an apparently disturbed individual who's been the bane of some here.

The man boobs cannot be good for tone either....

sorry

[laugh] [laugh] [laugh] [laugh] [laugh]

I would like to be among the first to thank you for preserving the internet for at least one more day!

rct

Annyway, Epiphone's are not "copies". They are a guitar in their own right and no one claims them to be Gibsons. A copy is a replication of an original purporting to be what they copy. Epi, and other manufactures of similar guitars, produce a shape which is no longer original or owned by one particular brand of manufacture.

OMG! Copies

Fender_zpsjdsa8wjd.jpg

GampL%20ASAT_zpskaytoxpd.jpg

Squire_zpsrvrydl0b.jpg

Annyway, Epiphone's are not "copies". They are a guitar in their own right and no one claims them to be Gibsons. A copy is a replication of an original purporting to be what they copy. Epi, and other manufactures of similar guitars, produce a shape which is no longer original or owned by one particular brand of manufacture.

OMG! Copies

Fender_zpsjdsa8wjd.jpg

GampL%20ASAT_zpskaytoxpd.jpg

Squire_zpsrvrydl0b.jpg

A valiant attempt Smokey, but I have been tilting at that particular windmill for a while. He is incapable of grasping the concept that Epis are not copies. I think he needs a software upgrade.

Yeah, my man, I know it's futile but it was an attempt to again prove to myself at least I'm comfortable with my view of things and a reality check is always worthwhile. I never place posters on Ignore or stuff like that just to keep on doing what I do and ignore them.

OMG! Copies

Yeah, and hey, SG's are just copies of '61-'63 Les Pauls. Hell, they look just like 'em!

Somebody oughta do sumpthin!!!!

Yeah, and hey, SG's are just copies of '61-'63 Les Pauls. Hell, they look just like 'em!

Somebody oughta do sumpthin!!!!

That's outrageous. Horrifying in fact and I'm about to pen a letter on this matter to the respective Editors of the New York Times, the Washington Post and the Dubbo Daily Liberal (Yep there is such a newspaper.)

Save some of the popcorn for us. We'll be right over very soon.

Archived