Gibson Brands Forums

Which Gibson did you miss ?

SG player

Not long after I bought my '69 Epiphone Olympic with a period mini-HB fitted for cUS 900 along came a '65 Epi Coronet in cherry - a Steve Marriott style guitar in my local town for cUS 1200 - total bargain! I was (and still am) a hack player and couldn't justify a second guitar so quickly, but I'd have grabbed that Coronet if it had come along a couple of months earlier! ( both made by Gibson in Kalamazoo btw)

I was in an SG "frenzy" at the time that Gibson had a version of the Les Paul Traditional, with P-90's

and a Vibramate/Bigsby B-7 tailpiece. They also included a "stop bar" in case you wanted to go that

route! I wanted the "Gold Top" version, but by the time I could save enough, to get one, they were

no longer available! GRRRR!!! [cursing][unsure]

I'd love to see that model and spec's, back again! [thumbup]

CB

Last December, Zzounds had 4 Derek Trucks model SGs left and they dropped the price to 999$ like 2 days before Xmas, as well as dropping some PEACE model LP to 1099$.

I had the money, but I had just bought an American Deluxe Tele, and thought "sleep on it". Woke ip next morning to buy, and bith models were sold out...

For the usual reasons lack of money, space and time, I had to pass on next to all models Gibson ever made. :unsure: Anyway, I guess myself lucky owning some nice ones nevertheless and feel happy playing them. Into the bargain, I also enjoy their looks! [love][drool][biggrin]

As a music and guitar addict I can heartily recommend that to all of you companions sharing same misfortune... ;)

Archived