Gibson Brands Forums

1993 Gibson Les Paul Standard left handed

Bluesman13

Hey there,

Been a Strat guy all my life and then heard a Les Paul through my silver face Princeton Reverb. Yikes! I need a guitar with hum bucking pickups! So I was considering an SG, and went to my local store and they had a lefty '93 Les Paul Standard in pretty good shape for sale. Price on the tag $2100. Verbal price $1850 plus tax. Offered them $1500, no go. I've got no clue as to a fair price. Your thoughts? thx guys! Appreciate it.

I still think for a '93 Les Paul Standard, $1,500 would be probably more than I would like to spend on it. Perhaps left handed ones are worth more???? I have no idea. Wait few weeks and if the guitar is still there ask him if he is willing to take you up on your offer yet.

• 2 weeks later...

I still think for a '93 Les Paul Standard, $1,500 would be probably more than I would like to spend on it. Perhaps left handed ones are worth more???? I have no idea. Wait few weeks and if the guitar is still there ask him if he is willing to take you up on your offer yet.

Lefty prices are similar to righties...just fewer in supply and a commensurate level of demand.

I am in the UK and the price is a little high even here, but you should be able to get it down a bit.

OTOH it's a leftie and there aren't as many of those around...but you could check ebay to get an idea of what people are asking.

Nice guitar from a good period.

• 2 months later...

I picked up a near mint 2013 lefty standard plus for $1500 that sat around for months at $1750 with no bites. If you buy from those that really spent the big bucks on a standard, I can see why they hesitate. I would have had no problem spending more for it once I played it., Fair price...that's a tough one. I would not sell it for 3K.

'regards

Archived