Gibson Brands Forums

My Gibson SG melody maker 1970?

Sgbuddy

Hi all. I'm wondering if anyone e can give me some help with my guitar. I bought it as a young teen with a amp in 1993 used for 300$ from a friend of my mom's. This guy unknown to me had cracked the neck and had it repaired. It's never been a problem for me. However he had the neck painted and modded the guitar, I believe adding a humbucker and replacing one. The two controls are just volume for each pickup. I believe now it is not a sg but a melody maker. The guy told me he thought it was a 1970 when I bought it. There isn't a serial number or it was painted over.

Can anyone tell from these pictures what it might have been and what I might get for it today. Thanks

Well dang it the picture says it's to big to attach. Any clue how to shrink a Android phone picture?

hi Sgbuddy

get a photobucket account (Free but you'll have to deal with the adds, they are harmless to your puter.),

load up your photo there, then when you view the photo from your library, you'll see a series of links in a box to the right of the photo.

Click on the one that says IMG. you'll see "Copied"

Edit your post and past the "copied" link here. then you will see your photo, and we will too!

Cheers!

Archived