Gibson Brands Forums

The Beatles: Eight Days A Week - The Touring Years.

Rabs

Been waiting for this since I first read about it a few months ago. LA Times had a recent article with Macca, Ringo, and Ron Howard about it. RH said he's been approached several times with people saying "I'm soooo glad you're making this film". He chuckled and said that the last half of that was always left unsaid i.e. "and don't Fvck it up!" LOL. We have surround sound with a wide screen and I want to see/hear this on Hulu so I can stop/rewind/etc. In addition to a limited release in theaters, I'd fear that the "in theater" atmosphere could quickly take a downturn into the actual screamfests that the original concerts turned into. Maybe not, but just sayin'.

Ron Howard simply does not make bad movies, so I'm really looking forward to this one.

Been waiting for this since I first read about it a few months ago. LA Times had a recent article with Macca, Ringo, and Ron Howard about it. RH said he's been approached several times with people saying "I'm soooo glad you're making this film". He chuckled and said that the last half of that was always left unsaid i.e. "and don't Fvck it up!" LOL. We have surround sound with a wide screen and I want to see/hear this on Hulu so I can stop/rewind/etc. In addition to a limited release in theaters, I'd fear that the "in theater" atmosphere could quickly take a downturn into the actual screamfests that the original concerts turned into. Maybe not, but just sayin'.

Ron Howard simply does not make bad movies, so I'm really looking forward to this one.

Is the Fonz in it?

Looks good that [thumbup]

If it's The Beatles, it's got to be good! (Sorry, Smuckers!)

[biggrin]

They are screening it here in L.A. tonight, but I simply can't get there—not with work traffic and all. But I AM going to be watching as soon as it's available to be watched.

If it's The Beatles, it's got to be good! (Sorry, Smuckers!)

[biggrin]

They are screening it here in L.A. tonight, but I simply can't get therenot with work traffic and all. But I AM going to be watching as soon as it's available to be watched.

From what I understand Hulu have the first rights to stream it.... So im sure it wont be too long (not that I use Hulu)..

Ohh I just had a look.. they give you a free trial period. Would be worth signing up just to watch that (but not available in the UK :()

http://www.hulu.com/the-beatles-eight-days-a-week-the-touring-years

From what I understand Hulu have the first rights to stream it...

Unless I'm mistaken, it was going to be released (albeit limited) in theaters today (9/16) and starting tomorrow, available for streaming on Hulu.

According to today's LA Times, it's playing in two theaters, one in Santa Monica, and one in Pasadena. Either one is a one hour plus one way trip (with "good" traffic), so Hulu here I come. I have surround sound and a wide screen, so I think I'm good.

Unless I'm mistaken, it was going to be released (albeit limited) in theaters today (9/16) and starting tomorrow, available for streaming on Hulu.

According to today's LA Times, it's playing in two theaters, one in Santa Monica, and one in Pasadena. Either one is a one hour plus one way trip (with "good" traffic), so Hulu here I come. I have surround sound and a wide screen, so I think I'm good.

Cool.. Let us know what its like if you watch it.. [thumbup]

Even though im pretty sure it will be worth while... Like probably one of those docs that you don't even need to be a huge fan to enjoy..

Wow, I didn't know anything about this and Deb never said anything about it either. She is a huge fan so I just looked it up to see if it was even playing here or not, it says it runs 1 hr 39 min. Movie times, Sep. 17 & 18 near Omaha Neb. and Sep. 21 & 22. See show times. So we will try the showtime Sunday.msp_biggrin.gif

Just got back from seeing this and it's a real joy for any Beatles fan and really any fan of popular music history. Such a different time and to watch the unbelievable mania that surrounded those four and the pressure to produce time and time again is hard to fathom. The sad part is you realize how much you miss John and George and how much more fun it would've been, to have them there to reminisce with Paul and Ringo.

The sound is terrific with footage from their first U.S. show in DC being a real treat.

All in all a great addition along side the Anthology series.

The Shea Stadium concert that followed the documentary was terrific. The Beatles at their peak and having a blast.

Hopefully soon (before I die perhaps) we'll get Let It Be.

Punched this up on Hulu last night, excellent. Not just another fanboy documentary. Director Ron Howard's take on the story was fresh and enlightening. The quality of most of the historical performance footage is unbelievable, good audio too.

With direction by Howard, and the involvement and blessing of Paul, Ringo, and the families of John and George, this is a great movie to watch, even for the "mild" Beatles fan.

... Hopefully soon (before I die perhaps) we'll get Let It Be.

I saw "Let It Be" upon it's ORIGINAL release. I guess it must have had a short run before it got squashed by the band. I would like to see it again in it's original cut, but would also like to see someone take all the raw footage and re-edit a NEW "Let It Be".

Punched this up on Hulu last night, excellent. Not just another fanboy documentary. Director Ron Howard's take on the story was fresh and enlightening. The quality of most of the historical performance footage is unbelievable, good audio too.

With direction by Howard, and the involvement and blessing of Paul, Ringo, and the families of John and George, this is a great movie to watch, even for the "mild" Beatles fan.

Watched it last night. Big plus one here!

Archived