Gibson Brands Forums

New limited edition Epi Koa models

cody78

then If:

1) my GAS hadn't been sated for now after the purchase of the Martin:

2) my bank balance wasn't as it currently is; and

3) my preference wasn't trending towards acoustic guitars at this stage,

I would definitely feel a need for one of those guitars, especially the Wildkat. What delightful looking instruments. Gibson take note.

Yup, Epiphone have been doing some beauts lately. I really dig the 1955 LP Custom too (with ebony board [thumbup] )

http://www.epiphone.com/Products/Electrics/Les-Paul/Ltd-Ed-Inspired-by-1955-LP-Custom-Outfit.aspx

...the Artisan they did the other year looked great and they did a couple of LP Customs celebrating 100 years of Les as well. Trying to resist these Koa models & '55 Custom, but it's tough. I really have more than enough guitars!

Yup, Epiphone have been doing some beauts lately. I really dig the 1955 LP Custom too (with ebony board [thumbup] )

http://www.epiphone.com/Products/Electrics/Les-Paul/Ltd-Ed-Inspired-by-1955-LP-Custom-Outfit.aspx

...the Artisan they did the other year looked great and they did a couple of LP Customs celebrating 100 years of Les as well. Trying to resist these Koa models & '55 Custom, but it's tough. I really have more than enough guitars!

Yeah, riight hehe If you don't have a PRS SE One Korina in your kit, and you really should, I don't think you do have enough guitars. Get a bigger house, sir.

Yeah, riight hehe If you don't have a PRS SE One Korina in your kit, and you really should, I don't think you do have enough guitars. Get a bigger house, sir.

Haha! I will probably need a bigger house soon [smile] The curse of collecting multiple guitars.

I've never tried a PRS before. I looked up the model you mentioned - never seen one of those. Looks pretty cool and love the Korina wood, certainly wouldn't mind trying one out.

Off topic I know but the SE One is rather interesting. Only a volume control (have heard some bemoan the lack of tone control but, hey, doesn't your amp have an EQ?) which is progressive and the P90 starts to growls once past 5.

As to these Epi's I'm guessing the availability in this part of the world will be lacking. We are somewhat behind unfortunately and I get that as it is a small and potentially limited market for new guitars. The secondary market is another matter but it does take a lot of effort such as when I bought my Epi ES339 with P90's. I had to be very patient which is certainly not me. No point in scouring pawn shops as they are usually overpriced (the parasites are actually payday lenders and rip off both sides) and what is good stuff goes bloody quickly leaving only trash behind.

• 3 weeks later...

I am excited to see and play the LE Epi LP Koa. I think it's going to sell quickly.

As far as price goes, Dave's Guitar Shop (online) listed it at $599. Same MAP as an Epi LP Custom Pro (with veneer top). Its webpage listing has been removed.

It also listed and subsequently sold the Wildkat version for $479.

• 2 weeks later...

It appears the MAP prices for Epiphone's LP Koa and Epiphone Wildkat Koa models are $519 and $629 respectively. Sweetwater and perhaps others are taking orders.

Thanks for that...I've been looking for the prices for the LP here, but haven't found them yet. So $519 works out at £429 or so. That's a good price [thumbup]

Off topic I know but the SE One is rather interesting. Only a volume control (have heard some bemoan the lack of tone control but, hey, doesn't your amp have an EQ?) which is progressive and the P90 starts to growls once past 5.

As to these Epi's I'm guessing the availability in this part of the world will be lacking. We are somewhat behind unfortunately and I get that as it is a small and potentially limited market for new guitars. The secondary market is another matter but it does take a lot of effort such as when I bought my Epi ES339 with P90's. I had to be very patient which is certainly not me. No point in scouring pawn shops as they are usually overpriced (the parasites are actually payday lenders and rip off both sides) and what is good stuff goes bloody quickly leaving only trash behind.

Here in the UK can be just as behind as Australia I think! I'd talk to a dealer for advice if you want one - I'm sure they would be able to pre-order one for you.

Archived