Gibson Brands Forums

Pimped out 60's Tribute

JasonG

So I have been enjoying my Epi 60's Tribute, but I wanted to pimp it out a little bit. I have Creamtone's Plastic parts on both my Gibson ES-Les Paul and Gibson 50's Tribute and I recently saw that they now offer parts for Epiphone. I ordered their cream pickguard designed from an authentic 59 pickguard as well as ordering their ABR conversion kit and tailpiece and their gold top hat knobs.

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Im really digging the creamtone stuff! I have some of their parts on my Gibsons too and makes such an nice aesthetic difference. Looks and feels "right". The Epi stuff is phenomenal too!

Nice set of mods; quite like the Creamtone additions!

Im really digging the creamtone stuff! I have some of their parts on my Gibsons too and makes such an nice aesthetic difference. Looks and feels "right". The Epi stuff is phenomenal too!

I've recently swapped out the standard Gibson Nashville bridge and tailpiece for some Faber parts, which are modelled on the ABR bridge of old. The look is fantastic and the slimmer bridge looks really cool IMO, and the sound - wow! Both guitars with the aluminium tailpiece alone sound louder acoustically, and the sustain feels greater.

I think the CreamTone pickup rings are the next step on giving both a more vintage feel; my LP Studio had the coffee cream coloured rings and while I don't hate them; I think the CreamTone stuff on the HoneyBurst finish would look just right.

• 1 month later...

Hey JasonG....

Would you mine posting a link to the hardware, bridge and tailpipe, you bought to do this??

I see their pickguard....but not the hardware pieces. Yours looks great and I'd like to the the exact same thing.

Thanks in advance!

They dont have a link for the hardware, but specify with them that this is for an Epiphone and they makes sure it is the correct thread and fit!

Hey JasonG....

Would you mine posting a link to the hardware, bridge and tailpipe, you bought to do this??

I see their pickguard....but not the hardware pieces. Yours looks great and I'd like to the the exact same thing.

Thanks in advance!

Archived