Gibson Brands Forums

It arrived!

Adam M

57 Re-issue Les Paul Junior.

Not sure what year it is think they came out about 10 years ago. It's in very good condition I was hoping it would be a bit more 'yellow' but I like it It's darker in real life than in the photo. Solid instrument though lightweight. action is nice going to keep 10's on it. I have 9's on all my other guitars but want to give 10's a try.

The P100 pickup has been removed and a Gibson P90 installed. it's a little weak on clean tone but has a nice growl to it when it's overdriven.

I still want to buy a Gibson LP junior at some point but this will do for now.

IMG_5577.jpg

IMG_5579.jpg

IMG_5581.jpg

IMG_5580.jpg

Nice! Congratulations! Not sure what you mean by "weak" on clean tone, though?! P-90's usually excel

at full, fat, chiming clean tones. And, as you mentioned a nice growl, on overdriven tone.

CB

It may be a case of not having my amp loud enough as when I turned the overdrive on it was crazy loud so the clean tone was very low.

Played an E chord that gave me the chills.

I didn't have much spare time last night :) will give it a proper look at it tonight.

It may be a case of not having my amp loud enough as when I turned the overdrive on it was crazy loud so the clean tone was very low.

Played an E chord that gave me the chills.

I didn't have much spare time last night :) will give it a proper look at it tonight.

Yeah, it might be that you just need to adjust the OD, to just a bit past "unity gain," so

as to be more compatible, with the Clean channel, or tone-output? Have fun, "experimenting!" [biggrin]

CB

Nice looking axe. No reason it can't be just a screamin' good rocker of a guitar. Simple, straightforward tone machine. One of the nicest playing and sounding guitars I've ever played was an old LP jr. Sounded phenomenal, played like it just came down from heaven. Congrats, play the h*ll out of it. [thumbup]

Nice looking axe. No reason it can't be just a screamin' good rocker of a guitar. Simple, straightforward tone machine. One of the nicest playing and sounding guitars I've ever played was an old LP jr. Sounded phenomenal, played like it just came down from heaven. Congrats, play the h*ll out of it. [thumbup]

:) I need to give it a new set of strings I'll have a look at the wiring and check if the pick up is what they told me it was!. I quite like the set up on it, been playing it the last few days and when I picked up my Les Paul studio it felt strange.

The only thing I wish it was a little bit heavier not that it makes much difference.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived