Gibson Brands Forums

Gravity and LP Jr

Zentar

1994aug01_MatthewMendelssohn.jpggibson_les_paul_jr_2009_1.jpgmsxycbwedhaeevitupb1.jpgocur77czz1fed830wixs.jpgyai4brp208duprx67byf.jpgMy new LPJ came in today. Its a single cut, single piece wraparound bridge, single P90 model. Really pretty. The strange thing though............it weighs 8lbs 12 ounces!

It is a single mahogany slab body the same thickness as my LP Studio with Maple cap which weighs 7.4 lbs.

The LPJ is thinner than my LP Standard that weighs 8lbs 4 ounces.

There has to be some type of gravity wave or gravity shift for this LPJ to weigh 8lbs 12 ounces. It simply is not possible it is my heaviest guitar. When it came to the door I thought they had shipped me two LPJs in one box.

It has dawned on me that the 2016 LPJ is not weight relieved. It is a single non weight relieved Mahogany chunk of wood.

BTW this is the only 2016 LPJ Ive ever seen or heard of. I didn't even know Gibson made the LPJ in 2016. Maybe Gibson made this one and went "dayum!" This sucka is heavy! So they never made a second?

The P90 measured 7.9ko(typical ko is 8.2ko)

22uf cap

1.69 at the nut

$1250 used but I could never find a new 2016. This one was unplayed.

60s slim line neck

Nice looking guitar, and nice case too!

True dat! I started to post just a case pic but pics don't do it justice. That one is the prettiest of my four Gibby cases. I wouldn't mind being buried in a guitar case that looks that good. I think I'm going to let the LPJ case be my new LP Standard case

This LPJ has a single piece of thick Rosewood for the fret board which really adds a touch of quality. Many guitars now with Rosewood Fbs use a thin two ply.

I also found an unusual spec which Gibson listed which stated the Mahogany as "high density" which accounts for the weight.

This LPJ has a single piece of thick Rosewood for the fret board which really adds a touch of quality. Many guitars now with Rosewood Fbs use a thin two ply.

I also found an unusual spec which Gibson listed which stated the Mahogany as "high density" which accounts for the weight.

I'm jealous I've been looking for a junior for a long time and never found the right one I wanted. so just bought an epiphone 57 reissue (which I just put some photos up) for now in order to save some money. will still get one at a later date!

Your guitar looks great.

I'm jealous I've been looking for a junior for a long time and never found the right one I wanted. so just bought an epiphone 57 reissue (which I just put some photos up) for now in order to save some money. will still get one at a later date!

Your guitar looks great.

Adam what does your Epi Junior weigh?

Archived