Gibson Brands Forums

AC/DC Bass Player calls it quits

Dennis G

I'll be the first to admit to not being an AC/DC fan. Just not my thing, to me all their songs sound alike. I do however, give props to this guy for saying "enough is enough, there are more important things in life" obviously paraphrasing. But having played in bands, it's still gotta be tough to give it up no?

http://www.tmz.com/2016/09/20/ac-dc-cliff-williams-bassist-quits/

I love AC/DC... but they have simply suffered too many set-backs over the past few years to truly continue as AC/DC...

Malcolm's stroke, Brian being told by his doctors that he'll go deaf if he continues touring...

Yeah, it's time for all of them to call it quits.

Whilst it might be said by some that you could phone in the bass on the average AC/DC song..

I would not say that. The bass parts aren't Billy Sheehan, but they are steady, four on the floor with feel. You have to practice that and really lock in with the drums and rhythm guitar. I know Malcolm was known to work the band hard so Cliff has earned respect.

I would not say that. The bass parts aren't Billy Sheehan, but they are steady, four on the floor with feel. You have to practice that and really lock in with the drums and rhythm guitar. I know Malcolm was known to work the band hard so Cliff has earned respect.

Yeah, that's it. They said the same of Rudd too, and sure he ain't Mikkey Dee but as he said 'most drummers are scared to play like this' as you hear in this desk recording (say 4:00-5:00 for example) straight eight bass and drums, but if you screw it up just slightly it's going to be very obvious to all. And you have to do that all night long.

Time for them to pack it in. Well, that's what they're doing one by one anyway, but time to retire the name. Slade, Angus and Axl could tour as "The Bald, The Balding & The One With Plugs".

Or, come to think of it, "The Outlet" is not half bad. I'll copyright it, sell it to them, and split the loot with darling67.

Archived