Gibson Brands Forums

how not to be a tech.. part 1

kidblast

What a dummy, lol. I don't know what they paid him to do all those stunts but it can't be worth it ha ha, way too funny. I liked the one where he drilled his finger. Reminded me of a guy I know. He was in the garage working on his race car and smashed his fingernail with a hammer. His buddy told him to heat a needle and prick it releasing the blood, pressured below the nail. Bill couldn't find a needle so put the smallest drill bit in his drill and put his finger on the work bench and started drilling. Once the bit cleared the nail it proceeded all the way through the finger into the wood. He said he was hopping and jumping around like a mad dog screaming in pain and when he told me that I thought I was going to die laughing. Couldn't catch my breath, I told him he was the biggest dummy I know!msp_flapper.gif Another one was a guy at Burlington Northern told me he was making love to his wife once and a new kitten they bought was watching behind Dave. Moving his head back and forth I guess then all of a sudden the cat lays all its claws into Daves Jewels. Lolmsp_flapper.gif Dave jumps off and starts hollering at his wife: Get him off , Get him off with the cat holding on for dear life. Oh my goodness I thought I was going to die laughing at that one too!msp_flapper.gif

couldn't find a needle so put the smallest drill bit in his drill and put his finger on the work bench and started drilling.

I know someone who did this, but correctly. He was a Polish miller.

He had hit his thumb with a mallet, so went to the drilling workshop and asked for a 1/64" dia drill. When they gave it to him, he coolly put it into a nearby pillar drill and proceeded to drill a hole in the thumbnail.

There were a few gasps & raised eyebrows from the drillers at the time.

Did something similar when a battery came off a ledge as I was walking by. Fell on to my boot but smashed up my big toe. Had some jewler's drills, so used the finest one to drill through the toe nail of my big toe to release the blood. Was a relief I can tell you. Just have to take care and go reasonably slowly despite being a bit of pain.

Archived