Gibson Brands Forums

Help with college admission essay

saturn

Don't know what :-" means. Is that something crucial for college admission? :-k

It's supposed to be that emoticon of the guy whistling. You know, right below \:D/ this one. It's my favorite one, because it perfectly suits many of my sarcastic posts. But it hasn't worked in years. [cursing]

\:D/ :-" :-" :-" :-" :-" :-" :-" :-" :-" :-" :-"

It's supposed to be that emoticon of the guy whistling. You know, right below \:D/ this one. It's my favorite one, because it perfectly suits many of my sarcastic posts. But it hasn't worked in years. [cursing]

Guest Farnsbarns

As you can see from Saturn's and Deeman's posts, this one eusa_dance.gif doesn't work either.

eusa_whistle.gif

Doesn't it?

eusa_dance.gif

Hmm....

Mods!

Can we make Farns' last two posts here a Sticky?

Pip.

Nope, and they made it so if you quote a post containing a quote it doesn't nest the quotes.

...if you quote a post containing a quote it doesn't nest the quotes...

Just wanted to nest in your quotes.

"--(...~..:;;...~...)--"

Oh, look; That one doesn't work either!

Very Strange.

Pip.

EDIT : OK; I've worked out what you mean by 'nest the quotes'. Nothing to do with Storks. And you are correct. Again. Smartarse.

[flapper] [flapper] [flapper] [flapper] [flapper] [flapper]

Oh! That one worked!

Guest Farnsbarns

He means this one eusa_whistle.gif but you can't use it because it's broken.

[flapper]

[lol]

So what's the secret? Do I have to take a class in HTML or something? :rolleyes:

When you quoted me you could see how it was done. Just copy everything from [img] to [/img] in my post.

Or...

When creating a post right click on the broken emoticon and click 'view image' then your browser should open a new page with just the gif in it, copy what's in your address bar and post it like any other image using the little picture button.

Anyone know of any good links? :-"

Saturn,

I'm a pretty good writer and editor.

If you send me the draft of the college admission essay, i'll review it and provide helpful comments on how to make it better, and how to make it an outstanding document to the eye of any college admissions person.

Is this for you, or for one of your kids?

:mellow:

When you quoted me you could see how it was done. Just copy everything from [img] to [/img] in my post.

Or...

When creating a post right click on the broken emoticon and click 'view image' then your browser should open a new page with just the gif in it, copy what's in your address bar and post it like any other image using the little picture button.

eusa_whistle.gif

Thanks. Got it to work, but that's a lot more trouble than simply clicking on the emoji like all the others that work right. :)

Guest Farnsbarns

eusa_whistle.gif

Thanks. Got it to work, but that's a lot more trouble than simply clicking on the emoji like all the others that work right. :)

Oh of course. It's clear that Gibson don't even do a very good job of their corporate website, let alone this forum. Whoever maintains it (and I DON'T mean mods, they're great!) Is a muppet.

I think you've missed the joke. There was loads of spam threads offering such services and Saturn was having a little sarcastic joke.

See. If I had known how to make the whistling emoji work right in my OP, he would have known I was joking.

Archived